Search for content in message boards

TAYLOR + FLINN/FLYNN Bill's Creek Rd, Cedar Creek, Whiteside area

TAYLOR + FLINN/FLYNN Bill's Creek Rd, Cedar Creek, Whiteside area

Judy T. Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2002 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TAYLOR FLINN FLYNN
Seeking parents and siblings of a Reverend J Taylor married to Susannah Flinn/Flynn of Cedar Creek, Bill's Creek Whiteside area. (Rev J Taylor born around 1806-1816)

They belonged to Bill's Creek Baptist Church although also joined Montford Cove Baptist Church for awhile. Rev Taylor preached there but also started other small Baptist Churches.

1850 census shows Susannah Flinn Taylor living with my ancestor Mary Taylor. Therefore my assumption was that Mary was her sister in law (Rev J. Taylor's sister). If I can find more on Rev Taylor and perhaps Flinns I may find more also on my ancestor Mary Taylor (b 1816).

Thanks Judy

Re: TAYLOR + FLINN/FLYNN Bill's Creek Rd, Cedar Creek, Whiteside area

Kathy Summers (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2002 3:36PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
This is probably John Taylor, son of Rev. Jeremiah Taylor (27 Sept 1774 - 22 May 1848) and Elizabeth King (1778 - 1831). I believe they later moved to Buncombe Co NC

judy taylor murphy (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2002 6:12PM GMT
thanks, i will follow up on jeremiah, it fits. found he was rev john h taylor. thanks jm

Posted: 27 Dec 2002 6:04PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Flinn,Flynn, Ray, Coates, Brookshire, Burleson
help-Help-HELP!!!
Do you have anything on Sarah Flinn, Rutherford County NC, who married Gabriel McDonald Coates of Madison County NC and moved to Spartanburg County, SC late 1800s early 1900s??
please email direct-pauldward2@juno.com

line: Paul Donnie Ward-Elise Mae Coates-Francis Marion Coates-Sarah Flinn.

Joshua Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2003 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Flynn, Flinn, Wilson,
Hi, I have a great Grandmother named Sarah Flynn, in the bill's creek area, her father was Logan Flynn.
If you have any info, or if mine matches your info, then email me at Josh2440@yahoo.com

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 11:12PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2004 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Flinn, Nodine, Coates
Sorry, Sarah I search for was sister to Elizabeth Flinn, family members did move to Polk County, NC and area near Campobello, SC for a while. Mother Retta Eugena Nodine of Westchester county NY, father John Jr Flinn, Madison County NC, I thought with the change of county lines the area could have been in Rutherford county at one time.
Thanks for your reply. You can contact me direct at pauldward2@juno.com.

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Halford, Jackson, Lakey
In the Book, Precious Memories by Virginia Dare Dalton Wilson, it states that the twelveth and last child of Paul and Lavicia Padgett Flynn was Susannah who was born abt 1835 died 13 Dec 1863. She was married to John Hayden Taylor 7 oct 1859. They had two children Zebulon Vance and Mary.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions