Search for content in message boards

Moore Family

Posted: 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2005 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Eppinette, Young, Haynes
I'm looking for information regarding a place name, "Moore's Ridge" located near Rayville in Richland Parish and also the Moore family who lived there. Thank you.

Re: Moore Family

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 5:45AM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2002 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Moore Ridge is located south of I-20 and off of La. Hwy 133(which is west of Rayville) and loops around to La. Hwy. 15. This is near Alto but I believe this area always had a Rayville address. I new George and Hazel Moore from that area. George had a half bother, James. Some of the children of George and Hazel live in the Shreveport, La. area. Sue

Posted: 5 May 2002 5:19AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2003 2:50AM GMT
The description of where Moore Ridge is is about correct. The town many years ago located on Moore Ridge was Lucknow. The address could have been Girard--no proof--just remembering from articles I have read and research I have done.

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2003 7:23PM GMT
My brother-in-law is Robert Davis and he still lives in Crew Lake. His mother was Mabel Estelle Moore who married John Wesley Davis. Robert took us many times to see Moore Ridge. My husband was James Harlan Davis. He and his parents are buried in the cemetery in Start just off I-20. They are also related to the Eppinettes. I have not researched my husbands side of the family but would like to do so. I think one of Robert's children have. Would be interested in hearing from you.

Rhonda Carter (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2003 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Eppinette
Carole,
I also descend from the Moore's from Moore Ridge. Ferdinand Moore (1834-1926) married 1856 to Charlotte Eppinette (1841-1916) and had 10 children: George, Charles, Alexander, Rosianna, Samuel, Frank, Margaret, Bellinese, Alonso, and Andrew. If you have questions, I may be able to answer. Contact me on this list or directly at rhcarter@cfaith.com

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 10:04PM GMT
Ferdinand Moore is my great great grandfather, his daughter Margaret was my great grandmother. I am trying to find out more info on Margaret's husband ( Willam Joshua Warren was my great grandfather) Their daughter was my grandmother Maudie and my mother is Jo ann Clark. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions