Search for content in message boards

Damrens of Belgrade, Maine

Damrens of Belgrade, Maine

lois (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2001 2:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Am seeking information on the Damren family in the Belgrade, Maine, area. My gg-grandfather was Noah Greely Damren, his father was Joshua Ball Damren. I have no further info. on Joshua or anyone before him. Can anyone help?

Re: Damrens of Belgrade, Maine

Sharma Damren (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2003 4:13PM GMT
Hi, my name is Sharma Damren, daughter to Martin Arthur Damren. His dad was Arthur Otis Damren and I believe his family is from Belgrade.

I do not know anything about my father's family and have never run into anyone else with our last name. I do believe there is a State Trooper in Maine with the same last name, but have never met him.

I was wondering if you could give me any information on the Damren family. My father is still alive, but we've never really discussed this. I thought it would be interesting if I had some information that I question him about.

We all live in Southern Maine, Ogunquit and Wells. My grandfather died when I was really young and I don't know if he even had brothers and sisters.

Anyway, if you have a chance and would like to chat, I'd love the opportunity.

Thanks again,
Sharma E. Damren

lois (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 1:46PM GMT
Shrma,
I sent a quick e-mail yesterday. I should have added that I'll be happy to provide you with names and dates for the early Damrens that I have. I would imagine that your ancestors and mine would be among the Damrens who settled in Belgrade in the late 1700s. Let me know and I'll send what I have.
Lois

Posted: 12 Mar 2003 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: damren
Hi- I noticed your message since I am researching the Damrens of Belgrade. I was looking at a census yesterday of Damrens and there was an Arthur in Boston and I can't remember if it was 1920 or 30. He worked at the state house as a deputy and he was single. Do you have access to the census on Ancestry.com? If not I'll look at again. I came down from Samuel in Belgrade. Hope that helps. Carlarae

Sharma (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2003 7:30PM GMT
Carlarae:
Thanks for the information. I haven't had a chance to do any of this research! I'm really interested in anything anyone has at this point. As for Arthur in Boston, that's kind of funny because my grandfather was Arthut Otis Damen and my younger brother was named after him. Now I'd love to find out if this guy in Boston was a relative.

Thanks so much for the information.
Sharma Damren

Susan Damren (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2003 11:15PM GMT
Hi,

My name is Susan Damren from Belgrade, Maine. Yes, there is a Trooper Mark Damren. My nephew is a Deputy from Kennebec county Dep Jeremy Damren.

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2003 11:21PM GMT
We also come down from Samuel in Belgrade along with many others. lol

lois (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2003 5:26PM GMT
Does anyone have any information on Samuel - he's the oldest link in the Damren chain I've found so far, and that is just his name, no dates, etc. Has anyone gone further back? Where did the Damrens come from and when?

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 10:42PM GMT
im a DAMREN MY FATHER WAS RAYMOND DAMREN OF BELGRADE SANMUEL DAMREN 4TH GREATGRANDFATHER HIS CHILDREN WAS ROBERT 2ND GREN 1768 JOSHUA2ND GEN. 1775 WILLIAM 1 DAUGHTER UNKNOWN1777
per page

Find a board about a specific topic