Search for content in message boards

William T. Massey family

William T. Massey family

Ray Massey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2000 10:52PM GMT
Looking for info concerning William T. Massey family of Macon, GA, during the 1850-60 timeframe. William T. was son of Orren E. Massey from NC and E.E.Massey from Va. William T. wife Nancy D. children included William C., Sanford D., Orrin E. Nancy N.

William (Bill) Massey

Rhonda (Massey) Hill (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 7:14AM GMT
I'm interested in your William Massey. I can't find any thing on my ggggrandfather. All i know is his son Levi Massey b. September 17, 1885 was my gggrandfather. I beleive his wife's last name was Shoemake. I've traced most of the family here in Mississippi, but after Levi I can't find anything. I've tried other states but there are so many Williams in the Massey family.
If you can help I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for you time.

William (Bill) Massey

Larry L. Massey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 9:15AM GMT
Hi Rhonda,
I wanted to reply although, unfortunately, I do not have any information either. I am related this way: William, Levi, Leonard, Oscar, Larry (me). I have photos of these people except, of course, William.

William (Bill) Massey

Posted: 23 Mar 2000 10:21AM GMT
Thanks for the info. I'd love to know what else you have on the family and where are you from. I'm related this way: William,Levi,Archie,Walter C. Sr.,Walter C. Jr.,(me) I'm in Jasper Co. MS. Please respond and let me know more. Id love to stay in touch.

William (Bill) Massey

Larry Massey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2000 11:19AM GMT
It's been a number of years (actually before Hurricane Andrew in Miami) that I have dealt with genealogical history. Nevertheless, I have a very good pictorial history of the Masseys primarily from my aunt: Ms. Myrtle Massey Baxter. Give me some time, and I will try to resurrect what I have. Write me at TheMasseys@aol.com.

William Yerby massey

Posted: 24 Mar 2000 2:29PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:27PM GMT
My gggranfather was Yerby Massey and we think he was born in Tenn about 1806. That's as far back as we can get. I think maybe his mother's
maiden name may have been Yerby Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thanks, Donna

William (Bill) Massey

Posted: 27 Mar 2000 5:51AM GMT
I don't know enough about William to know if this is the same person. I beleive he would have been born in the early 1800's but not sure about birth or where he came from. My family line is: William,Levi,Archie,Walter Sr.,Walter Jr.,Rhonda(Me). Levi,Archie and Walter Sr. I know are buried in Jasper Co. MS. along with several brothers and sisters. Sorry if i wasn't any help. If you have any other info. or questions please email me @ rhill@amscalc.com

William Massey

Larry L. Massey (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2000 10:38AM GMT
Take a look at the following web site for land patents. There are two William Massey patents from Jasper Co., MS that I would bet are Levi's father's. Levi as I recall lived in Jasper and Smith Co.
http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions