Search for content in message boards

Michel Genealogy found - Hesse-Darmstadt 1616-1900

Michel Genealogy found - Hesse-Darmstadt 1616-1900

Posted: 24 Oct 2003 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2005 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Michel Bernius Stillinger
We have obtained a "Michel" genalogy from Hesse-Darmstadt.

This family history is of the Descendants of Hans "Hess Hans" Michel, b. 1616 in Unbekannt and lived in Ueberau / Reinheim, Hesse-Darmstadt.
Hans' wife was Anna Fisher, b. 1620 Gunderhausen.

This genealogy contains some information on up to 10 generations of Michel families in Germany.
It prints out to about 70 pages with index.
Some of these families are known to be connected with Michel who emigrated to US.
Some may be connected with families in South Illinois, St.louis, and counties in Missouri, and possibly NYC.

We have this genealogy in ged-com so can email to any Michel researchers who it may help.
We would like to connect with Michel families in Illinois and Missouri in hopes of identifying a few Michel families we are searching for,

K. Stillinger
StillysGarage@aol.com

Re: Michel Genealogy found - Hesse-Darmstadt 1616-1900

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2003 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: MICHEL/Frey/Bernhardt
My mother was a Michel. Her father was Rayond E. Michel (1895 - 1959), son of Charles Michel (1867-1933) and Catherine Frey ( 1870-1941), who was son of Christian Michel and Johanna Bernhardt. I would be interested in seeing that GedCom file.

Thanks in advance

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 1:20AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2003 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: MICHEL/Frey/Bernhardt
Forgot to add, my Michels are from NYC and New Jersey

Joyce

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: Michel, Rohr, Harster, Borsig or Borsis
I am looking for my grandmother, Mary Michel, born Feb 24, 1882, in Worms, GR. The information I have also lists, "Hesse, a county until Kaiser Wilhelm took over." Her father was Daniel Michel, her mother, Susan Rohr. Edward Harster, my grandfather, met her at a dance in Kansas City. They settled in the St. Louis area. My father was born in Maries County, MO in 1898. That is the only information I have. Anything you can contribute would be greatly appreciated.
If there is a connection, I can fill you in on the descendents we know of.
My E-mail address is mllstdtmry1@aol.com.
Thanks, Maryann Harster Highland

Kelly Michaels Schaff (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2004 11:30PM GMT
Gee, if you have the time to check, can you tell me if you have a Gustav or Christopher Michel; born 1856? He came to the US in 1884.....NY State is where he finally settled.

Thanks for any help,
Kelly Michaels Schaff

Posted: 2 Jan 2004 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Michel, Stillinger, Bernius, Beilstein
Hello Kelly, thank you for your reply.
I do not find a Christoph/Gustav Michel born about 1856.
Christoph was a favorite name with Michel in Germany however.

The file we have obtained is of Descendants of Hans Michel b. ca 1617 and wife Anna Fisher b. ca 1620 from the Uberau/Reinheim Hesse-Darmstadt area.
This family history was done many years ago and has much information on the Ueberau/Reinheim Michel.
Over the many generations many of these Michel migrated on to other locations in Hesse, other places in Germany, and emigrated to US, Russia, and South America.
Several Michel went to US in 1830 to 1880's - various locations.
A cousin in Germany is now researching the Michel to add to this history, and connect Michel from other locations.

We have this file in Gedcom and text if you would like a copy for future reference. We are hoping to locate other Michel researchers who can eventually add to this work.

Michel is a very old Swiss-German name, and Michel are found all across Germany and Swiss.The spelling of the name in Germany and Switz. in the records we have found is Michel, sounds like "Nickel".
Here in US we find Michel, Michal, Michael, Michaels and several other variations as how the scribes of the times wrote them.
Christoph was used in Germany records, as well as Gustav.

The Michel research is ongoing, so please keep in contact.

Kenneth Stillinger
Stillysgarage@aol.com

Posted: 26 Feb 2004 3:13AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 9:53PM GMT
my husbands family is from missouri and illinois. they are the decendants of a Carl Michel who came here from germany. e-mail me and i will help if i can

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 7:17AM GMT
I have a Justus Michel born in Hesse-Darmstadt in about 1833. After marrying he moved to Washington state. Wife named Martha, lastname yet unknown, and had Annie A., Ella Jane, Justus Irvin, Charles H., Alice M., Otto B. and Herman. Ella and Annie were born in Missouri but the rest in Walla Walla Washington. I would love to get info if Justus is from this line of Michels. Will also share what I have on descendents of this line.

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Michel, Stillinger
Hello Janice, thank you for your reply. I can send you the Michel informations we have as a gedcom or a text file.
We would be very interested to learn where in Missouri your Michel's lived. There are several others researching the families there also.
The Michel research in Hesse-Darmstadt is continuing. the Michel name is very common throught Germany and research there takes a long time.
I have sent you a message direct also.

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 4:30AM GMT
I have Michel in my line. I have Adam Michel, father Jacob. I'm not sure which immigrated here and when. But my Michels settled near Chicago. Adam's daughter Anna is my GGGrandmother.

Kristen
beckman97@att.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions