Search for content in message boards

STRINGFELLOW's

STRINGFELLOW's

GREGORY PENISTON STRINGFELLOW (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 3:08AM GMT
Hi,

I was born in London, England but am currently living in South Africa. My family and I are looking to trace our Stringfellow family who appear to have spread all around the world. We are also looking to follow our family tree.

Please e-mail us with your details and we will reply.

Regards

Greg Mel Stringfellow

surname Stringfellow

Posted: 25 Nov 2000 6:07AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 9:28PM GMT
Hello, do you have your fathers name, and grandfathers that way we can start looking backwards to find out which line you are from that will help all that are looking, we might come up with ancesters way back in the 1700's

greg stringfellow (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 6:25AM GMT
Thank you for your reply.
My fathres name was Thomas Penistone Stringfellow, he was born on the 28 Jan 1899.
His father was William Ernest Stringfellow, my great grand father was also William Ernest Stringfellow. I do not have all the details to hand at present but will get them and froward them shortly.

regards

Greg Stringfellow

greg stringfellow (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2000 6:26AM GMT
Thank you for your reply.
My fathres name was Thomas Penistone Stringfellow, he was born on the 28 Jan 1899.
His father was William Ernest Stringfellow, my great grand father was also William Ernest Stringfellow. I do not have all the details to hand at present but will get them and froward them shortly.

regards

Greg Stringfellow

STRINGFELLOW ANCESTERY

Posted: 29 Nov 2000 10:18AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 9:28PM GMT
Hello the names do not ring a bell, but our e-mail is j_venitahalbrooks@yahoo.com

Stringfellows

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 4:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:52PM GMT
Hi Gregory,
What is your e-mail address? I would love to hear more from you. I had always heard that the Stringfellows entered England from Normandy with William the Conquerer and settled in Yorkshire. If so, of course, our earliest origins are in Scandanavia. Are you familiar with that story?

Stringfellow

Greg (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2000 5:55AM GMT
No I have not heard that story, if you have any further information on it, please let me know. My brothers nad myself will be most interested.

Look forward in receiving futher e-mails

Regards

Greg Stringfellow.

Stringfellow

Posted: 4 Dec 2000 2:21PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 12:52PM GMT
Hi Greg,

No, I'm afraid that I do not know anymore about that story. The information was handed down to me in some data that I've had for years and I do not know the source. I live in the state of Georgia, USA. My line of the family came to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, etc. from Virginia. My information indicates that the Stringfellows arrived in the U.S.A. in Pennsylvania from Scotland and/or England in the early 1700's. Some went north and later west, but most went south and later west. Some stayed in Virginia. My e-mail is hstringfellow@yahoo.com. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Hugh

Re: Stringfellows

Andie Stringfellow (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2002 4:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STRINGFELLOW
I came across an older posting of yours in which you mentioned that there was some family lore that the Stringfellows may have come with William the Conquerer. I had never heard anything about the Stringfellows beyond the American Stringfellows. I would love to learn any family lore about the earlier Stringfellows you may have.

I hope you have a happy holiday season.

Re: STRINGFELLOW's

Andie Stringfellow (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 2002 5:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm still building our branch of the family tree but from what I have gathered, it appears that the first Stringfellows on shore of the U.S. settled in the Virginia area. Some of them stayed in that area and at least one of them during the Civil War (Benjamin Franklin Stringfellow) became a famous Confederate spy.

My branch broke off and went into North Carolina for a while and then on to South Carolina. There seems to be a strong Stringfellow connection to the Barnwell area of SC (Chester Co area). Most of the researchers that I'm coming across mention that area at some time or another. My own ancestors which I am working on defining better were born in South Carolina. Then my family next appears to have moved to the Talbot/Marion Co. Georgia area (around the 1840s). There is another cluster of Stringfellows in that area. This particular part of the family tree seemed to be on the move alot because next they are migrating across Alabama and Mississippi (1850s - 1860s). There are remnants of them in the Butler Co, AL area and the Calhoun Co, MS area. However, Mississippi seems to have been a hot spot for Stringfellows (distant cousins apparently as well). There is a strong cluster of them in Tippah Co MS and along the Gulf coast.

From there my branch apparently just after the Civil War moved into the Bowie Co TX area (NE Texas) and then they settled in SW Arkansas. They stayed there a generation or two and then my grandfather moved to Oklahoma and now that is where my family is located.

However, branches of the Stringfellow family have spread all across the U.S. There is a cluster of them in the area of Utah. I have a Stringfellow e-mail pal who is out in California. Back in the Civil War days, there was another famous Benjamin Franklin Stringfellow who was the Attorney General of the state of Missouri but he had very strong southern sympathies and he and his brother called Dr. John Stringfellow (just over the border into Kansas) led some uprisings to try to make Kansas a slave state back then. They can be read about at the site called "Making of America" on the Intenet. (It's quite an eye-opener.)

I would love to learn more about the United Kingdom roots of the Stringfellow family. Would you be able to share anything with me about the older United Kingdom heritage?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions