Search for content in message boards

Thompsons of County Fermanagh, Ireland

Thompsons of County Fermanagh, Ireland

Pamela Hanna (Phillippe/Thompson) (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1999 11:01AM GMT
Grandfather Edward Henry Thompson born in County Fermanagh, Ireland. Had brothers, Joe and James were two and there was another brother and 3 sisters. On a root chase .... any relatives out there?

Thompson

Posted: 10 Sep 1999 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 1 Nov 2001 3:24AM GMT
Hi, I have a James Thompson, from Ireland, who came to the US with brothers, names unknown, in the middle to late 1700's. James settled in PA, then OH, and possibly on to IN. Does this match up with your time frame? If so, I will be glad to provide what information I can on James.

Thompsons from Ireland

Pam Hanna (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 1999 8:29AM GMT
Oh, how I wish the time frame was right! I figure my grandfather (Edward Henry) must have been born between 1870-1875 and his brothers (Joe, James and John) within years up or down from that. Thank you for your input though. It is most appreciated.

James bruce Thompson

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 4:43PM GMT
Our James Thompson b abt 1866 and is believed to be Scots/Irish. He supposedly shows up in Boston, MA about 1900 - may have been there earlier but don't know. Supposedly had a family and at least one son. Later he married again on the west coast and had another son who came to Alaska. Any possible connection?

Re: James bruce Thompson

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 8:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you know of any siblings to James? My G-grandmother was Helena Thompson born in Ireland about 1870, emigrated to Boston at the turn of the century. She then met and married John Humphrey Harrington. ANy connection?

Re: James bruce Thompson

Posted: 19 Jan 2003 11:32PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2005 7:52AM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON
Any connection unknown at this time but I will contact you by email with particulars. Thanks

Re: Thompsons from Ireland

Posted: 30 Mar 2010 10:53PM GMT
All your names & dates match mine, their father was James, all of county fermanagh, joe & edward settled in california with familys, also a sister in canada that i know of.
contact me essiemurphy@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Thompsons of County Fermanagh, Ireland

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 4:33AM GMT
I am also looking for Thompsons in Fermanagh My forefathers are Thomas Thompson married to Jane Kerr they had William R in 1873 Annie Jane in 1874. William R made it to the US in 1881 While the rest of the family was in Northumber England I dont have any other info on Thomas other then approx year of birht was 1846
per page

Find a board about a specific topic