Search for content in message boards

John Cole - Washington County, OH

John Cole - Washington County, OH

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 11:09AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 5:07PM GMT
I am descendant of John Cole, Revolutionary War patriot, who died in Washington County, OH in 1826. I have his lineage documented from the E.B.Cole book "The Descendants of James Cole of Plymouth." Granted, there are errors and ommissions in the book, but I have been able to follow census records and confirm the line.

I would really like to share information with any of John Cole's other descendants in Ohio, or anyone who is working on tracing James Cole's lineage in Devon, England.

john cole, ohio

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 1:25PM GMT
Edited: 4 May 2005 12:32AM GMT
I am interested in tracing the parentage of Asa Cole, born June 25, 1817,in Ohio. Possibly he is the son of Ichabod Cole, who is the son of John Cole. Do you have any information concerning this line?

John Cole - Asa Cole

Posted: 1 Nov 2000 4:03PM GMT
In my records, I have 2 Asa Cole's...one is the son of John Cole (1742-1826) and Mercy Wood. This Asa (1765-1826) is my direct ancestor. His son Malachi (1790-1864), also my direct line, had a son named Asa born 16 Nov 1822 (not my line).

I do show Ichabod Cole as the son of John Cole and his second wife, Susanna Salisbury, but at this time I have no information on Ichabod or his descendants...

Sorry I can't be of more help to you...

Ohio Coles

Doug Stogdill (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 9:14PM GMT
By any chance do you have a Vera Cole Born in 1844? She is as far back as I have. She married Elija Miller and is buried In Glendon, Ohio. I appreciate any help.

Vera Cole

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 8:28AM GMT
I'm sorry...I have no Vera's in my records or my research materials...I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Re: Asa Cole, 1817-1888

Posted: 13 May 2009 5:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COLE, DOTY
Gotta love these boards - 8.5 years later, I stumble upon your message.

Asa Cole, born 25 June 1817 in OH, who married Lucy Doty 31 December 1840 in Delaware County, OH, was my great-great grandfather.

They moved to California via the southern route in 1856, and settled in the Santa Clara area for a while.

Eventually, the entire family moved to Tulare County, CA.

We are totally unaware of who his parents were, but I'd love to write more to you about our Asa Cole. I have Grandma Lucy Doty Cole's Bible with the birth dates of the children recorded in it.

deb

Re: John Cole - Washington County, OH

Posted: 20 May 2010 1:57AM GMT
Hi.I am a Cole living in Florida and am a direct descendant from James Cole of PLymouth,Ma.I have all the info on ancestry.com but the family tree is down at this time. My father grew up in Canada and moved to Framingham,Ma as a child.

Re: John Cole - Washington County, OH

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Salsbury, Townsend Ellenwood
I am also a descendant from John Cole II and Susannah
Salsbury. Melissa Cole was the daughter of the above and an older sister of John Cole who married Mary Townsend. Melissa Cole married Augustus Ellenwood on 21 Sept. 1845. This is my direct line back to the Cole family. Would appreciate sharing information back and forth. I have not been able to trace back to a James Cole. I do have a lot on the Ellenwood, Doty, and several other family lines from Washington Co., Oh. I'm have been working on the Dilley family at the moment. Beth abcfhist@hotmail.com

Re: Asa Cole, 1817-1888

Posted: 3 Mar 2013 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Doty, Ellenwood, Potter, Cole
Just found this site. Have you seen "Our Ellenwood Clan" by Nellie Garde? The Doty's, Ellenwood's, Potters, Cole, and so many many other families that were in that area are covered in that book. There is an old red velvet photo album in the history lib. in Marretta, Oh. that has tin types of members of the Cole, Doty, Ellenwood, Bush, and others besides those that are not identified. Would really like to see if some of those could be identified. I descend down from Melissa Cole who married Agustus Ellenwood on 21st Sept. 1845 in Wash. Co.< Oh. Melissa was the sister of John Cole who married Mary Townsend. Melissa and Augustus were married before the 1850 census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions