Search for content in message boards

Meen(Mien,Mein etc) Smolen of Stevenspoint, WI

Meen(Mien,Mein etc) Smolen of Stevenspoint, WI

LINDA LARSON (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2001 7:45PM GMT
Searching surnames Meen, Mien, Mein as well as Smolen.

Re: Meen(Mien,Mein etc) Smolen of Stevenspoint, WI

Chris Maglio (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 3:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eilers, Mein
I have a Maria( Mary) Mein who married a William Eilers and they lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Together they had Herman, William, Theodore, Adelheidt, Julia. She was born in Germany in 6-15-1826 died in Milwaukee in 6-12-1913. She is buried in Forest Home Cemetery, Milw. Anything sound familiar???

Re: Meen(Mien,Mein etc) Smolen of Stevenspoint, WI

Posted: 13 Oct 2001 1:12PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2002 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Meen, Mien, Mein and Smolen
Thanks for responding. Actually I am just starting out so none of this sounds familiar. Apparently my grandfather Louis Samuel Meen was born in Stevenspoint to Frank Meen and Catherine Smolen. There were other children, info unknown. He (Louis) left on the rails to Chicago with a german friend(cant find the name here) and worked as a paper boy until he was offered a job at the race track and eventually worked for the Daily Racing Form till 1962. He did return to Stevenspoint only to find the family home had burned and the other children had been disbursed elsewhere. The problem with the name is that it was changed to the current spelling(Meen) which is english and he was german so that is why the other spellings. I do have a marriage certificate which shows Mien.

Re: Eilers and Mein in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2012 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Mein Eilers
There were family death notices published in Milwaukee's German newspapers for both Mary Mein Eilers and William Eilers. They're indexed in the collection "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items", covering 1844-1950.

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions