Search for content in message boards

JUSTIN, Henry Edward

JUSTIN, Henry Edward

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Justin
Seeking parental data on Henry Edward Justin (1851 - 1908), born in Kildare (probably Athy).
He married Mary Anne Watson in 1878 and had 1 child (Henry Edward Justin) in 1881.
After Mary Anne's death in 1889, he married Emma Sexton and had 4 children (William Victor, Hanna Rebecca, Harcourt Sydney and Herbert Frances) with her before his death in 1908.

Any leads will be much appreciated.

Justin Stubbs

Re: JUSTIN, Henry Edward

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:16AM GMT
Hi
On ancestry.com, there's a Williams Family Tree which says that Henry's father was RICHARD (mother not known). I checked Griffiths Valuation, but the only Richard Justin was in Cork c. 1852 (3 entries). But there is a Richard Justin, aged 87 (so born c. 1814), on the 1901 Irish census living with a son & grandchildren in Queens County. I wonder if this could be Henry's father?

I presume neither of his Civil marriage certs mentions his mother? Any JUSTIN witnesses? Have you tried for a Church record, which sometimes notes the mother. Did he have siblings? If so, perhaps you can get a baptism, birth or marriage cert for them which might list parents.

You may already have this, but just in case ....Here's the marriage of the son, Henry Edward Justin in 1902 (married Annie Trevor):

Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958
Name: Henry Edward Justin
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1902
Registration district: Mountmellick
Volume: 3
Page: 393
FHL Film Number: 101260

Finally, this thread may be of interest http://boards.ancestry.com/thread.aspx?o=0&m=66.1.1.1&am...

Happy hunting!
Colette

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 7:21PM GMT
I have the marriage certificate for Henry Edward Justin & Mary Anne Watson. Fathers: George Watson & Richard Justin.
I am still searching for a birth certificate for Henry Edward Justin. It is possible that Richard was born in 1814 and lived in Clonanny with his wife Sarah and their daughter Susan.He died 1904 in Queen County. In Griffith's valuation (1855) there is a Richard Jestin living in Clonanny. Think this should be Justin. I do not think the Jestin's lived in the Portarlington region. It is possible the records will be held by Lea Church.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:04AM GMT
Thanks Colette

The Williams Family Tree is being developed by my cousin. We have been in contact and I have learned a lot from their efforts.

The information provided in the link was interesting, but not connected (I think).

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 3:32AM GMT
Thank you, Lance

I would love a copy of the marriage certificate, if possible.

Clonanny seems reasonably close to Kildare, where the rest of the family seems to have settled, but 1814 seems too early.Unfortunately, the path seems to go cold after that.

I will keep this lead in mind, however. Thank you again.

Justin (jdstubbs@telus.net)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions