Search for content in message boards

John Beasley

Posted: 16 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jun 2004 12:04AM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Early, King, Lawrence, Lee, Minshew, Sanders, Smith, Spurlock
I am looking for info on a John Beasley (b. unk d. after 1873 probably in Barbour Co. AL. He came to Barbour Co. AL in the early 1820's with his brother William Beasley. They are in Oglethorpe Co. GA in 1820.
John Beasley was supposed to have two daughter's who married Wilson Collins (b. June 9, 1787 Franklin Co. NC d. Dec. 1, 1875 Barbour Co. AL) Their names were Barbara and Betsy. I am trying to find out if this is true. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Tina

James Beasley

Posted: 17 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Early, King, Lawrence, Lee, Minshew, Sanders, Smith, Spurlock
I am looking for info on a James Beasley. His brothers were John and William. He bought Land in 1835 in Barbour Co. AL at the same time as his brother William did. John had come earlier and purchased land.
He may have had two daughters named Barbara and Betsy. They were supposed to both have married Wilson Collins of Barbour Co. Any truth to this?
Thanks for any help!
Tina

Wilson Collins

Posted: 15 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: Collins, Beasley
Wilson Collins d. 1875 was an early settler of Barbour Co., Ala. Per the research I have collected, he md (1) Barbara Beasley dau of James and she was the mother of most of his children. According to records of some of his descendants he md (2) a Mrs Beasley. My research leads me to believe her name was Mrs Elizabeth Early (perhaps her maiden name was Beasley) and Wilson's youngest was by her. Contact me at lwaltman@snowhill.com

Re: James Beasley

Norman Barron (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2001 3:02AM GMT

Re: Wilson Collins

Posted: 14 Jun 2004 3:35AM GMT
You responded to a query I sent to the Barbour Co. Ala message board about 4 years ago. Because of many different circumstances, I had to put my genealogy away until now. You had responded that according to your recordes Wilson Collins (b. about 1790 d, Dec. 1875 Barbour Co. Ala) married Barbara Beasley daughter of James and was the mother of all his children, except the youngest Adliane who was the daughter of Mrs, Elizabeth (Betsy) Beasley his 2nd wife and the daughter of Jesse Early.
I now that it has been along time but I was wondering if you had any more info since then.

Thanks for your help!
Tina
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions