Search for content in message boards

CLAYWELL

CLAYWELL

Jaime Claywell (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I am looking for information on Shadrach Claywell who died in Cumberland County in the early 1800's. Please email me if you have any information. Thanks

CLAYWELL

Phyllis Alvis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT

Shadrack Claywell of Cumberland CO KY son was William m Maranda Scott . Their daughter was Philipina m James Jackson Murphy. They had 11 childremn. Shadrack in Cumberlabd CO KY 1800-1830. William 1830-1850. Cumb CO KY.

CLAYWELL

Sara Clark (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Shadrack Claywell was born 1760 in Worchester Co. Maryland.
Was in the Rev. War. He died in 1838 in Cumberland County,
Kentucky. Will is registered in the Clerk's office, Book "C", pages 351-352. Took up land on the Kentucky land grants on Illwill Creek in 1806. He had ten children: Solomon (md Rachel Webber); Sarah C.(md Abednego Richardson); Jesse (md Hannnah Humpheries); Peggy (md Thomas Cain); John (Obedience Surgart); Shadrach Jr.(md Amelia Rush); Patsey (md Glidewell);William (md Maranda Scott); Joel (md Lucinda Cain); and Job (md Elizabeth Cox).

Claywell Search

Carol Thurman Comfort (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Claywell, Smith, Thurman
My records of my grandparents are from Cumberland CO., Ky. I have searched for years in looking for the parents of Andrew Jackson Claywell. He was born abt. 1830 in KY., really not sure of which county. My 'Thurman" line was from Cumberland CO. KY. I believe Andrew Jackson could have been the son of William & Miranda Claywell. Would appreciate any help from anyone on locating my great grandfather's parents.

Claywell search

Marilyn Monson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Claywell, Richardson
I believe my ancestor,Comfort Claywell,wife of George
Richardson of Cumberland Co.,KY, is a sister of Sahdrach Claywell of same county. I have reason to believe their parents were Solomon and Peggy Claywell, who was a son of Peter and Lucretia Claywell of Worchester Co.,Maryland. Can anyone verify this information or dispute it? I would appreciate any information on these families.

Re: Claywell search

Posted: 21 Jan 2002 2:05AM GMT
The information I have is that Sadrach CLAYWELL was the pioneer Claywell in Cumberland Co., KY. Judge Wells in his book, "History of Cumberland County" (1947) says "he came in 1799 from Virginia. He was a private in the Revolutionary War, fighting with the Virginia Cavalry. Born in 1759, he died in 1838 in this county. His nine children were:
Solomon,
Sarah (Richardson),
Jesse (m. Hannah Humphry, 1814),
Peggy (m. Thomas Cain on Bear Creek, 1815),
John (died at New Orleans, 1837, of yellow fever)...,
Job,
William (m. Maranda Jane Scott) ((my line))
Patsy (m. a Glidewell on Bear Creek),
Shadrack Jr. (m. Amelia Rush).

I don't have anything about Maryland or a Peter Claywell.

Re: CLAYWELL

Posted: 6 Mar 2010 6:08AM GMT
Surnames: shadrach Claywell
I AM RELATED TO SHADRACH (1) CLAYWELL BORN IN 1755, HE MARIED ? IN RED DEER CANADA, HAD THREE SONS...JOHN BORN 1787, OBEDIAH , WILLIAM

OBEDIAH BORN 1802 HAD THREE SONS: MILTON B. 1917, SHADRACH (2) B. 1823, DANIEL . 18336

Shadrach (2) had 4 boys, 3 girls :Simon, Irwin, William, Howard , Betty, Hetty, Miranda

Same family? Patty Claywell-O'Hare sewcontent@comcast.net

Posted: 16 Aug 2010 7:39AM GMT
Does anyone has a copy of this Will (Will is registered in the Cumberland County Clerk's office, Book "C", pages 351-352), or does anyone know where to get a copy, short of traveling to Cumberland County? I need it for a NSSAR application. Thanks

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 12:48AM GMT
Call the county and find out how to obtain a copy. I just received Peter Claywell's Will(1842)from Iredell County, NC with one phone call and followed up; filled out their request form and mailed it with a check. I've done that all over the USA with phone calls to be sure I'm requesting the documents I need from the proper place. Some are in state archives, some are in county archives and some are in historical societies. Everyone I've contacted, with the exception of one woman with a bad attitude in Gwinett County, GA, have all been wonderfully helpful.

Peter Claywell's 4X great-granddaughter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic