Search for content in message boards

Kokoruda

Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2003 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Kokoruda, Tomchek, Tomchik
Looking for Marten Kokoruda (spelling varies) and Elisabeth Tomchek at Plymouth in Luzerne County. They came over from Slovenia in 1890. Later moved to Richland, WA area, then by 1906 were at East Helena, Montana. Trying to figure out where they came from in Slovenia. On 1910 census at Larksville I see there was a Stephen Kokoruda listed with a John Tomchik; could they have been related? Are these families still around?
Posted: 26 Aug 2002 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:47PM GMT
Surnames: Kokoruda, Demeter
Check 1920 census, Montana, Jefferson, Mitchel Gulch ED #84, for martin and Lizzie Kokoruda. Thomas died in May 1964. I don't believe they are related to the Steven Kokurudas in Penn., maybe cousins. I too am looking for Stefan/Steven Kokoruda, he was married to my great Aunt Julia nee Demeter, who was from Egrer Hungary/Czech, and rest of the family from Felso Sarad, Egrer now in the Ukraine, and they were really in Carpatho-Rusyn territory, today that part of the Ukraine is Zarkarpatska. I do have more information about that particular area, as all my grandparents on one side seem to have originated in one little area there.
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 8:10PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:48PM GMT
Surnames: Kokoruda, Maruska, Demeter
Found them on the 1920 census in Jefferson, Mitchel Gulch Montana, with three children having been born in Pa, twins, and another boy Joseph? hard to read census there are a lot of Kokorudas in Montana, my second cousin, was George C. wife, she was Julia Maruska, her mother was my great grandfather's sister, Julia Demeter/Elyjas Maruska, she was born in Egres Aus/Hung, now in the Ukraine
Posted: 15 Aug 2003 3:12PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:48PM GMT
I'm not related to your Kokoruda family but they may have come from a place that is now called Spisska Nova Ves, in Spis county in Eastern Slovakia. While researching my own ancestors I came across some Kokoruda/Kokorudya families living in what was then called Iglo, Hungary. The time frame I was researching was from about 1860-1890. The LDS film I saw them on was # 1739841.
I hope this will help you!
Kathleen

Re: Kokoruda

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2003 8:50PM GMT
David,
I know you and I have lost contact with eachother but I would like for you, and I to start responding to eachother. Did I tell you that I received a picture, and letter from Kokoruda's over in Czechoslovakia. They wanted me to respond but they did not put a return address. So I will have to look through my records to find their address from before.

Jennifer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2003 8:55PM GMT
I saw your posting. I have some interesting info on my family (Kokoruda) if you know some of us that want or need info.

Posted: 24 Mar 2004 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: Kokorudya
My great aunt Sophia married Matyas Kokorudya. They were born in Vysny Slavkov, Slovakia
Posted: 25 Mar 2004 2:56AM GMT
Edited: 7 Feb 2005 5:11PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I was trying awhile back to help a friend find out where her Kokoruda ancestors came from. I will pass this information on to her since I don't have any Kokoruda's in my family tree.
Kathleen

Posted: 26 Mar 2004 8:57PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:49PM GMT
Surnames: KOKORUDA, KOKORUDJA, KOKORUDGA, KOKORUDYA
Hello, my name is Cheryl Kokoruda. I have done a little research regarding "Kokoruda".
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 6:42AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2010 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kokoruda, Kokorugya, Novak, Lynch, Tomcheck
Janelle,

We think our (my sister-in-law's) great grandfather Martin may be the Martinus Kokorugya born 1 Nov 1857 at Polyanocz (which is near Vysny Slavkov) to Michael K. and Elisabeth Novak. I was directed to these parishes with the help given by Stas Ozorg, and this is the only Martin we have found so far in Slovakia. Unfortunately it appears this Martinus did not get married at Polyanocz or Vysny Slovkov.

Since I wrote the last query we have been told that Martin Kokoruda was married twice and had three boys by his first wife, whose name we presently have as Mary Lynch. These boys were Steven, Michael and Jack or John.

Steven Kokoruda died in Seattle in 1960. He was a veteran of WWI, and from his Social Security (SS) application we have his mother's name, and that he says he was born in Prague. We are applying for Steven's military records.

Michael Kokoruda died in 1951 in Los Angeles, and we are presently getting his death certificate and SS application. On the censuses he says he is born in "Austria".

As yet we have no information on Jack Kokoruda beyond the name.

We do not know where the first wife Mary Lynch died and suspect that Lynch is an anglicized form of her name.

Martin went back to Slovakia to marry his second wife Elisabeth Tomcheck. We do not know where Elisabeth is from. They first lived in Luzerne county, PA, before moving west. There were Tomcheck relatives also living in Luzerne county, some of whom also moved west.

Do any of these names sounds familiar ?

David Larson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions