Seeking children of Narcisse Fortin & Felicite Rioux

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2006 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Fortin, Rioux
Narcisse Fortin & Felicite Rioux had at least two children:

Marie Dorothee, b. Apr. 10, 1848, St. Simon, Rimouski, QC
Narcisse Nelson, b. May 13, 1860, St. Simon, Rimouski, QC

Marie Dorothee is my ggrandmother. I would like to know if she had any other brothers and sisters, when and where they were born, spouses, and death dates. Many people have placed the information about Narcisse Nelson online because of Madonna, but there is little about the rest of the family.

Thank you,
Sharyn Hay

Re: Seeking children of Narcisse Fortin & Felicite Rioux

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 4:37AM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2002 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: Morin, Dion,Fortin,Cloutier, Gamache,Dupont
Hi Sharyn,

Don't know if this helps, but this is what I have on the Fortin line all the way down to Madonna, also a cousin of mine through the lineage of Charles Cloutier& Louise Morin, our Gr. grandparents quite a few generations back.

I have listed as follows:

Genevieve Gamache-Julien Fortin dit Bellefontaine
marriage: 11-11-1652, Quebec

Charles Fortin-Xaintes Cloutier
marriage: 11-11-1681, Chateau Richer, Quebec

Louis Fortin-Madeleine Langelier
marriage: 21-11-1735, Cap St.-Ignace, Quebec

Magloire-Augustin Fortin- Judith Thibault
marriage: 17-11-1783, L'Islet, Quebec

Augustin Fortin-Euphrosine Gaudreau
marriage: 02-07-1806, St. Jean Port, Joli Quebec

Augustin Fortin- Felicite Rioux
marriage: 09-02-1847, St.-Simon, Quebec

Narcisse Nelson Fortin- Rose Lajoie
marriage: 07-91-1891, West Bay City,Mich.

Willard Fortin-Elsie Fortin
marriage: 23-11-1929, Bay City, Mich.

Madonna Louise Fortin- Sylvio Tony Ciccone
marriage: 02-07-1955, Bay City, Mich.

Madonna Louise Veronice Ciccone

Sincerely,
Dina

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Fortin
Thank you for replying, Dina. However I have the uncommon problem of knowing this line all the way back and wanting the descendants of Augustin Fortin and Felicite Rioux through any *other* children they may have had. Narcisse Nelson Fortin and my great great grandmother Marie Dorothee are brother and sister (so I am Madonna's 3rd cousin, once removed, speaking genealogically). I need to know if Narcisse and Dorothee had any other brothers or sisters and find out about their lines. I look forward to any information anyone has on them.

Thank you,
Sharyn Hay

Posted: 15 Aug 2002 8:09PM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2002 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: Fortin,Cloutier,Gagnon
Hi Sharyn,

If i find what you're looking for I'll let you know! In the meantime, if you could, would you please explain to me how you figure out your relationship to other cousins as per generations go, gr. grandparents, etc.

If someone and I share the same gr. grandparents ,(my 7th, their 8th) and 2 of their children who obviously were brother and sister, the brother my 6th gr. grandfather and the sister their 7th gr. grandmother, what would be our relationship as cousins?

I never fully understood all this once removed stuff, though I was told it means you are or there is a generation apart .? Anyway, if you are able to help me here I would sincerely appreciate it! Thanks for your time.
:) Dina

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 3:20PM GMT
Hi Dina,
Although most Family tree programs have a built in relationship calculator, many are available online. Here is a simple one:
http://www.delanoye.org/tools/Cousins.html
Just plug your information into the chart and you'll have the answer.

Regards,
Sharyn

Posted: 17 Aug 2002 6:48AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2003 5:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cloutier,Gagnon
HI Sharyn,

Thanks for the website, it was very helpful! I'll be using it often I would imagine.
:) Dina

Re: Seeking children of Narcisse Fortin & Felicite Rioux -Update

Posted: 26 Jan 2003 1:03AM GMT
Surnames: Fortin, Rioux, Fournier, Riou, Lajoie
Indeed, Narcisse and Marie Felicite Rioux had 11 children and I want to thank those who supplied the information. The children of this couple are:
Marie Dorothee (b. 1848) m. Denis Fournier
Marie Onesime (b. 1849)
Sarazine (b. 1850)
Celanire (b. 1852) m. Cyprien Riou
Samuel (b. 1853)
Eusebe (b. 1854) m. Helen Lajoie
Anonyme (b. 1856)
Anonyme (b. 1858)
Narcisse Nelson (b. 1860) m. Rose Lajoie
Phileas (b. 1861)
Joseph (b. 1862) m. Philomene ?

Regards,
Sharyn

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 6:10PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2003 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Rioux, Fortin
Sharyn, I am trying to find out more about Felicite Rioux.
I posted to different replys you have made to this board, and here I am again. I could care less about this Madonna relationship. I want help finding my hubbys Rioux family connection.
Being from Bay City, Michigan and Essexville, Michigan area, we do have many family names in common. I do know Joseph Fortin is a family name and of course, Rioux is too.
Can you give me ANY info on Felicite Rioux at all?
Thanks again, Bev Reou/Rioux

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Fortin, Rioux, Sirois-Duplessis, Gaudreau, Baudreau, Cote, Turcotte
I will answer your question about Felicite RIOUX here (because one married a FORTIN), but see the RIOUX board for possible leads to your husband's family (which I just posted).

There appear to be at least three women named Felicite RIOUX who married in Rimouski diocese (there are hundreds
of RIOUX marriages).

Marie Felicite RIOUX (Vincent & Marie Josephe SIROIS-DUPLESSIS) m. Narcisse Augustin FORTIN (Augustin & Marie Euphrosine GAUDREAU [BAUDREAU]) on February 09, 1847 at St. Simon, Rimouski, QC.

Felicite RIOUX (Etienne & Ursule COTE) married Vincent RIOUX (Vincent & Marie Josephe SIROIS-DUPLESSIS) on September 16, 1839 at Trois Pistoles, Rimouski, QC.

Their daughter Felicite RIOUX married Lazare TURCOTTE on Jan 14 1878 at St. Fabien, Rimouski, QC.

Thus these women were directly related , Marie Felicite RIOUX FORTIN was the sister-in-law of one Felicite and aunt of the younger one.

As for the reason you will see Madonna's name mentioned with the FORTIN genealogy, it is because her genealogy comes through two FORTIN lines, both of which were thoroughly traced for a Michigan genealogical society by the late Rene Jette and are very reliable.

If you seek information on your Joseph FORTIN connection, please post your query to this board.

Regards,
Sharyn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions