Search for content in message boards

NORFLEET HAMMOND IN NC THEN GA

NORFLEET HAMMOND IN NC THEN GA

Mary Israel (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2000 5:13AM GMT
Looking for Norfleet Hammond b. 7 Sep 1805 who married twice. The first is Dorcas Israel b. 1809. The second is Martha Williams b. 1823. Norfleet and Dorcas were born in Robeson Co., NC. They later moved to Sumter Co., GA. After Dorcas died, Norfleet married Martha who was born in Sumter Co., GA.

NORFLEET HAMMOND AND DORCUS ISRAEL

JO ANN HAMMOND CREWS (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 8:20PM GMT
WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU WITH THIS FAMILY. I AM A DESCENDANT OF NORFLEET AND DORCUS AND HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS LINE FOR A WHILE. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE ISRAEL FAMILY SPECIFICALLY. PLEASE CONTACT ME.

NORFLEET HAMMOND AND DORCUS ISRAEL

JO ANN HAMMOND CREWS (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2000 8:23PM GMT
CORRECTION IN THE EMAIL ADDRESS GIVEN IN THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE

Norfleet and Dorcas

David H. Israel (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 8:57AM GMT
I am a descendant of Lemuel, Newit, George W., George Matthew Sr, and George Matthew, Jr.

I have many files on the Hammons and Hammonds.

I shallo be glad to give you what ever I have. Email me so that I can send you the data and give you a username and password to a site that will help you.

My father has a sketch of Norfleet's grave and the location. He is buried near Dorcas and Martha in the Israel-Williams Cemetery in Smithville Area, near Sumter City, GA.

I am looking forwards to hearing from you.

Norfleet and Dorcas

Posted: 24 Jun 2000 9:01AM GMT
Send me an email and I shall send you a username and password to a site that has much information and photos.

My father had in his things (which I have now) a sketch of Norfleet's grave and his wives graves. I also have many descendants of Norfleet.

Hammond line

Posted: 4 Jul 2000 5:19AM GMT
Edited: 6 May 2002 4:57PM GMT
my e mail is sharky@eriecoast.com would like to see info on Hammond line....

Hammons - Israel

M. K. Harrison (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 10:32PM GMT
Jo Ann,

What is your email address? Unfortunately, FamilyHistory.com doesn't have it set up where we can see people's email addresses!

Mine is TooFem@aol.com

Website: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/toofem/myhomepage/heritage.html

Norfleet Hammons and Dorcas Israel

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 7:44PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 3:23AM GMT
Hi David, Norfleet and Dorcas are my great,great, great grandparents. Would you please send me information about them? I would be forever grateful. Also, my grandmothers last name on my dads side is Israel. I have only gotten as far as Charles H Israel who married Mary Cordelia Mann about 1885. I think Mary was born in 1869 in Illinois. Any chance of relations??
Thanks again, Lee Elon Burke Hanks

Norfleet Hammons and Dorcas Israel

Posted: 4 Jun 2001 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jan 2002 3:23AM GMT
Hi David, Norfleet and Dorcas are my great,great, great grandparents. Would you please send me information about them? I would be forever grateful. Also, my grandmothers last name on my dads side is Israel. I have only gotten as far as Charles H Israel who married Mary Cordelia Mann about 1885. I think Mary was born in 1869 in Illinois. Any chance of relations??
Thanks again, Lee Elon Burke Hanks

Norfleet Hammons

Posted: 8 Jun 2001 5:11AM GMT
Thanks for your posting. My email address is dhisrae@bellsouth.net. Send me an email and I shall forward an invitation to my web site that has much information about the Israel side of the family and many pictures.

Also, I will research the names that you listed in my family information files. Obviously, you and I share gggg-grand parents! Norfleet is reported as being a full blooded Lumbee Indian. It is therorized that the Lumbees were from the Lost Colony at Roanoke, Virginia as 80% their surnames correspond with those names. We shal never know with absolute certainty. The Lumbee Tribe is the largest tribe in America but probably the most unknown as well. They were indian but had no indian customs or belief system that was indian.

More later.

David Israel
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions