Search for content in message boards

LOST LEG OF HELMER FAMILY

LOST LEG OF HELMER FAMILY

Posted: 27 Sep 2005 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have very little information at this time as I am concentrating on a different part of my family however here is the little bit of the family tree as given to me....Any connections/help would be most appreciated

HOMER MERLE HELMER (b MICHIGAN 26 Feb 1972) married ISABEL KIMBALL
their children were Nellie (Herrig),Emma (Vardy), Eva (Logelin), Frank Helmer, Stewart Helmer, Lillian (Lily Olson), Archie Acie Helmer (b 3 March1890-1975)
ARCHIE ACIE HELMER married HELEN OTELLA EVENSON (b 16 June 1890-1972)
their Children were Alice Marcella (Harpestad b 1912),William Helmer (1914), Beatrice Helen (Burr- Mickelson), Edith May (Jackson 1918-1984), Gladys (1922-), Hazel Violet (Huntley 1923- living), Olive Eileen (Peckenpaugh 1925-1982), Richard Gordon Helmer (1927- 2000), Lloyd Lawrence Helmer (1920-1996)

LLOYD LAWRENCE married IDA ELFRIEDA BREITKREITZ (1924-2000)
their children were Allen (living) and Gladys (living)

Allen is my husbands father....

Helens brothers and sisters were Ida, Nellie, Nick (carpenter...built homestead),Edward, Martin, Olaf, Oscar.

This is pretty much what I have right now....I have attestation papers for Homer....other then that I don't have much right now.

Thanks for any help.
Mary

Re: LOST LEG OF HELMER FAMILY

Dian Gustafson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2006 10:15PM GMT
I am trying to find the relatives of one Mary Helmer bca 1818 Canada West married John Sinclair 1838 Canada West. Through census I have a possible link to the family of Homer Merle. Homer>Adam>Unknown whose children are Adam, William>Unknown whose children are Mary (my Mary), Charlotte, Catherine and the previous unknown. Have you had any more luck with this family? The Helmers did also migrate to Michigan. Will be glad to exchange information. Dian

Posted: 5 Mar 2006 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 9:38PM GMT
Surnames: Helmer
I have some info on Mary Helmer and John Sinclair as well as other Helmers from this area in Ontario, Canada

Dian Gustafson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2006 2:48AM GMT
I have all of John Sinclair and Mary Helmer's family and some descendants. They were married 1838 Talbot district, Ontario and lived in Rainham, Ontario, Canada according to their eldest daughters birthplace. They had 8 children. I would be willing to share anything I have with you if you think this is the same family as yours and any of this sounds familiar.
thank you for replying to my query.

Posted: 6 Jun 2006 2:28PM GMT
Eva Logelin married Ben Logelin who has since passed but she still lives in Youngstown, Alberta

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2006 5:27PM GMT
Good Day,
I have very little to go on right now. I have the family back to Archie Acie Helmer (d 1975) married to Helen Otella Evenson (d 1972). They lived in Nunen North Dakota. Any help you are able to offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Mary

Posted: 12 Sep 2007 4:19PM GMT
Hi Mary,

I'm also looking for inforamation on Homer Merle Helmer. He was My great grandfather. His daughter Franka Evaline Helmer Logelin (known as Eva) was my grandmother. She married Alex Logelin and lived in Noonan. This is what I have on Homer: He resided in Butler, Ottertail county, Minnesota in 1895, Wild Rice, Norman County, Minnesota in 1905 and his residence was Humbolt, Sask in 1906. Mable E. Helmer was listed under his, when he was a soldier in WWI. I'm interested in finding information on what year he married Isabella Kimball, lived in Noonan, where and when he died.

Shirley

Shirley

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 6:43PM GMT
Hi Dian
I have tried to reach you a couple of times but apparently have not been using proper channels. Are you still tracking Mary Helmer and John Sinclair? I have been trying to find more info on Thomas, who from what evidence I have seems most likely to be Mary's father as well as some other children of female gender.
I have an Aaron who married a Theresa Huffman, and a William who represented Thomas in a land dispute,this is the only mention I've found on William, so I don't know where he came from or where he disappeared to?
Both Aaron and William were brothers of Thomas.
Thomas & Helena (Eleanor) found in 1851 Houghton census, also a John Helmer and wife Clarissa , & daughter Elizabeth were in the same census. John and Clarissa went to Michigan, possibly Thomas moved west as well , as there were Helmers in Kent county at that time I believe, I doubt if Thomas would go to Michigan due his age.
I have been unable to access censuses etc fron Kent co and counties west of Houghton Twp successfully to date, surely they most have died and been buried some place??

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 3:56PM GMT
Hi Mary, My name is Dorothy Helmer(maiden name). My father was Mervin Dairl Helmer b.in 1918 billings, Montana, grandfather was Stewart Helmer, great grandmother Isabell Kimball, grandmother Dorothy Wheeler. Dorothy died after Mervin's sister was born. Mervin was 4 and Dorothy was 22.

I am looking for my family tree of the Helmer
Wheeler's.
Do you have any information?
Thank you for your time. Dorothy

Posted: 12 Aug 2011 4:10PM GMT
Hi Shirley, My great grandfather was also Homer Merle Helmer who married Isabel Kimball, Stewart Helmer, my grandfather, Mervin Dairl Helmer, my father. My name is Dorothy Helmer(maiden). My grandmother, Dorothy Wheeler.

I believe we are related. I would like to know more about my family.
Thank you, Dorothy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic