Search for content in message boards

Burial place for Captain John McCoy, b 1732-35, wife Sarah Oliver

Burial place for Captain John McCoy, b 1732-35, wife Sarah Oliver

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2003 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: MCCOY, HAYNES, SHOWEN, HINER, CRISLIP
Capt. John McCoy served as Capt. of the Virginia militia and was relieved of his duties by request of then Gov, Thomas Jefferson. He died according to my sources in Pendleton Co, Va (WV) in 1797. Some of my information gives his burial site as the old Hiner Farm, possibly the farm of Jacob Burner Hiner and Sarah (John's daughter), or Harmon Hiner and his wife Jemima, (another daughter.) It is said that he is buried in the family burial plot, but information I have on the names of those buried there doesn't include him. Another bit of information say's he is buried on the Hiner Farm, about 1 mi south, on the Revolutionary War Burial Site. I have also seen from some people that he has a Revolutionary War head stone. Can anyone help me with any information on where he is buried. I'd like to find this site. Thanks for any help. Karen

Re: Burial place for Captain John McCoy, b 1732-35, wife Sarah Oliver

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jan 2003 1:49AM GMT
In making a correction in the above. Thomas Jefferson didn't request that John resign his position. What I meant to say is that Capt. John wrote a letter to Thomas Jefferson asking permission to resign his post. Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic