Search for content in message boards

Dunn in Alabama

Dunn in Alabama

Posted: 26 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: DUNN, CURRY, HANKS, ENTREKIN
There are a number of Dunn's in the Wilcox, Monroe and Escambia Co., AL area in the 1800's. Can anyone help? My gr-grandfather was John "Jack" Jefferson DUNN bn 1869 Wilcox Co., AL [m Lucy A Entrekin] died 1949 Escambia Co., AL. John's father was John B. DUNN bn abt 1846 AL [m Mary Curry; died before 1870 pr Wilcox Co., AL. John B's father is William DUNN. I believe this is William Dunn bn abt 1805 SC? who married Phadian Hanks 1826 Wilcox Co., AL. Known children [and I'm sure there's more] are Stephen M. bn abt 1837; JOHN B. bn 1846; Thomas bn abt 1847 and Ann E. bn abt 1850. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Elizabeth Dalton EDalton1011@aol.com

Re: Dunn in Alabama

Posted: 10 Oct 2001 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 20 Oct 2004 11:53PM GMT
I have been searching for Dunn connections in Alabama or Georgia. My great grandfather was Andrew Jackson Dunn, Sr. married to Ann Hammack. My grandfather, Andrew Jackson Dunn, Jr. came to Texas in the late 1880's. He had a sister named "Addie" who married a Joe Sanders, and they had several children (a daughter named Hettie). Does any of this info connect with your data.

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 9:01PM GMT
Sorry, your Andrew Jackson Dunn doesn't fit into my line.

Posted: 27 May 2008 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: dunn, hanks, reams
Dear Elizabeth,

I happened to see your post, and I hope you're still out there. My wife is a direct descendant of Phadran Hanks and William Dunn. Phadran (whose name shows up in census returns as Phadrann, Faedran and others) was born Nov. 28, 1809 in South Carolina (pendleton or abbeville?) and d. aug. 27 1896 in Conecuh, Alabama. William Dunn was born in 1810 in Georgia and d. 1862 in Marshall, Alabama.They had sons Elise Wesley, William Ira (my wife's line), Oliver, Stephen Meek, John B. and a Thomas. Daughters included Mary Frances and Elizabeth Ann.

In the 1840 census in wilcox county, alabama, phadran and william dunn are living next door to elijah hanks and his wife phadra reams. phadra's sister, sophie reams, was married to william hanks---they were the parents of phadran hanks dunn. pretty confusing! And next door on the other side was william hanks---appears that must have been phadrann's brother, as their father william hanks supposedly died in alabama in 1833. I've attached a picture of phadrann that another researcher posted---no idea where it originally came from. feel free to contact me. - jim condon
Attachments:

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 11:57PM GMT
Surnames: Dunn Hammack
Did you ever make the Dunn and Hammack connection? I may be able to help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions