Search for content in message boards

Parents of Allen Wood b-Feb 6, 1789

Parents of Allen Wood b-Feb 6, 1789

Posted: 22 Mar 2002 4:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2002 10:27PM GMT
Allen Wood was born in either Burke or Rutherford Co., NC. A family researcher had said Haywood Co., but Haywood wasn't formed in 1789. This is my brick wall and would appreciate any help. He married Rebecca Pearson daug. of William and Sarah (?) Pearson on June 15, 1815, Warren Co., Ga. On the Rutherford census of 1791 there are two possibles: James Wood, Sr. and John Wood , both with sons under 16. I don't know about Burke county. He named his children: Penelope, Henry L., Jordan Amerson, Elisha, Mahala, Malinda Belinda,William Henderson, Allen Cleveland, Eliza, Rebecca, and Francis Marion. I have a lot on the family up to now. Thank you. Susan

Re: Parents of Allen Wood b-Feb 6, 1789

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 6:15PM GMT
Edited: 24 Apr 2002 5:41PM GMT
Burke County, NC, WOOD/WOODS of the Revolutionary time period:

Henry Woods, came from Orange County, NC, just after the Rev.; he was a RevWarVet, too, and at Battle of Guilford Court House.

He married: Nancy Butler. Issue: Nancy, m. Wm King; Soloman, Isaac, Joseph, James, Henry, Jr., m. Catherine McDougal.

Henry had 50 acres on Sandy Run, living near James Ross, William WOODS, and Timothy WOODS.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel WOODS....born in Albemarle, VA, ( but this citation notes there was also a Samuel WOODS, Jr. living in Rowan county who was the son of a Samuel and Ann Woors of Coldwater Creek, and this Sam was a brother of Andrew Woods--the author didn't think that the main Samuel Woods of this citation was that man, so there must have been two Samuel Woods).

Anyway, the Sam Wood (this IS listed in parentheses) of this citation lived on Muddy Creek of Burke Cty, and he served as a Captain in the militia of Charles McDowell's Burke regiment; Sam saw battle at Kings Mountain--and he played a critical role.

In 1790, he is lited with 5 boys and 5 girls on the census.....says he went to Madison Cty, KY which later became Garrad Cty, KY. There are DAR records on this family, too.....they say that Woods' wife, Margaret, died in 1800 in KY and that Woods then moved to TN with his son, John...first to Williamson Cty and then to Carroll Cty in 1820. He died in Carroll Cty, TN, 1825 and may be buried at the old Ferguson Cemetery in Livinia.

Some children were: Martha, b. 1770; Margaret, b. 1769; Samuel, b. 1776; Daniel, Mary, Jane, John, b. 1774; David, William, Oliver, b. 1783.

You should probably buy the following book if these are your people:

Citation: Revolutionary War Soldiers of Western North Carolina, Volume 2, Burke County,pp318-321. Copies still sold by Southern Historical Press, Greenville, SC.

Correction to my prior post

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 6:31PM GMT
Correction to parenthetical data of my first paragraph of prior post:

( but this citation notes there was also a Samuel WOODS, Jr. living in Rowan county who was the son of a Samuel and Ann Woors ....) <----her name was Ann WOODS, this was a typo on my part....her maiden name unknown.

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 7:21AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2005 8:54PM GMT
Surnames: KING,Crawford,Early,Earley
>>>He married: Nancy Butler. Issue: Nancy, m. Wm King; Soloman, Isaac, Joseph, James, Henry, Jr., m. Catherine McDougal. <<<<
I am descendant of >>Nancy, m. Wm King<<<< Would you happen to have any other information regarding them?
Thank you.

Posted: 24 Apr 2002 12:20PM GMT
Jennie: sorry, I don't, at least that I know of....however, I have an extensive genealogical library of journals and texts just on western North Carolina, including the classics by Foote, Rumple, Fitch, etal.--and I scour this stuff daily. If I ever see anything on these people, I will come back to this board and post it. You got all that info from me in the first post because of a fluke--I had just read it while flipping through one of my biographical sketch books on Rev War soldiers of Burke County. Best wishes and good luck searching Regards, Melissa

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 3:05PM GMT
I just saw your post of 2002. I am also a descendent of Nancy Woods and William King. My info is all on Darlington County, South Carolina. Have you been able to come up with our "Factory Billy" King origins in North Carolina? I would be really excited to make a new connection. My maternal line is King.
Sarah Wolters, rockwell37@verizon.net

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 10:26PM GMT
I am looking for the Parents of Allen Wood born about 1803 in Burke Co. NC. He moved to Alabama by 1838.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic