Search for content in message boards

Calling all Schneiders

Calling all Schneiders

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 4:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schneider, Fassbender, Breuer, Meurer, Marnet, Windeck
Are there alot of you guys and girls that have not narrowed down your Schneider descendant's to a particular town in Germany but only narrowed in down to Prussia, Rhineland, or Germany?

Re: Calling all Schneiders

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 1:36PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider, Bauer, Hochweber, Davey, Mayer
My Schneider family is: George Schneider m. Theresa Bauer
Children I believe are:
Wilhelm b. Febuary 26, 1871, Soflinger by Ulm, Germany; d. November 07, 1934, Milwaukee, WI.
Jacob Schneider
George Schneider
Joseph Schneider
Hans Schneider
Anton Schneider
Can anyone add to this family? I am decended from Wilhelm.

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 3:22PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider
Johann August Schneider left Lauffen on 18 May,1832. They traveled by wagon down through Oden Forest and along the Rhine. Emigrated to US with wife & seven children through Rotterdam to Baltimore-Arrived on 3 masted ship Palambang 20 Aug 1832. Moved to DC during cholera epidemic in Oct 1932.

Posted: 9 Jan 2009 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider Meurer Mertens Marnet Breuer
Can not match up to any of your people?

But I do have ancestors about a century earlier in Remagen,Germany

Father ChristianSchneider
Mother AnnaMagnalenaMeurer

Children
BORN SPOUSE
Johann Franz Schneider 1765 Johanna Fassbender
Johann Jacob Schneider 1767 Anna Juliana Meurer
Nickolas Schneider 1768 Gertrude Marnet
Stephan Franz Schneider 1770
Peter Joseph Schneider 1771
Anna Maria Schneider 1773 Jacob Mertens
Henrich Ludwig Schneider 1777 Maria Theresia Breuer
Anna Catharina Schneider 1778 Mathhias Joseph Fassbender

Posted: 10 Jan 2009 2:02PM GMT
Mine appear to go back to Trier, Saarland, Germany. My proof is shaky. My immigrant is Johannes Schneider (John Snider) b. 18 Oct 1757, d.14 Dec 1829 Hancock County, KY. He married Gerte Berg (Charity Berwick) in Frederick County, MD ca 1780

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 10:02AM GMT
I believe my Schneider, Julius, born 1893, died 1935, was born in Danzig, Germany. He had 6 or siblings still living in Danzig or Germany as of 1935. Is anyone searching for Schneider still in Germany, circ that period or later?

Thanks so much.

Posted: 12 Jan 2009 11:34PM GMT
My grandfather, Ambrose Conrad Schneider, was from Danzig. His parents, according to his marriage application, were Michael and Mary Smith. He had 2 brothers, Valentine born 18 Feb. 1862 in Dresden, Germany; Henry born 12 Jul 1869; a sister Rose born 10 Feb.1866 in Bavaria, Germany. Ambrose was born 26 Nov. 1865. I have not been able to find if they came here together or how. Census records show years of immigration anywhere from 1880 to 1883. Valentine ended up in Newark, N. J. and the other 3 in Oil City, Pa. He died in Newark 22 May 1945. Ambrose died in Oil City 13
Sept 1931, Rose(Weidle) 15 Oct 1940, and Henry 4 Sept 1941.
Ambrose married in Oil City to a Martha Bucholz born Jun 1871 in Danzig. I don't know if they knew each other prior to coming to the States or not. I do know that her mothers first husband died and she remarried a John Frederick Schwartzkop and she had two children to him prior to their immigration. Martha and Julius were to her husband Bucholz and Valeska and Anna Marie(Mary) were John's. They also had two Rose & Agnes born in Oil City. Sure would like to find more information on their lives in Germany or whereever.

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Schnieder/Kemper/
I am always searching for Schnieder's(ie)and info from Germany. My great-grandfather(Johann Gerhard Heinrich Schnieder) was born to a single mother in 1844(her name...Anna Maria Elizabeth Schnieder-b.1818 in Wallen, Hanover, Germany). Anna Maria Elizabeth Schnieder was the daughter of Johann Herman Henrich Schnieder (b.1782) and Maria Elizabeth Kemper. I am still continuing to search for brothers and sisters of Johann Gerhard(1844) or offspring of any of Johann Herman and Maria Elizabeth Kemper's other 4 children--Margaretha Maria Elizabeth(b.1820), Johann Gerhard Henrich (b.1823), Johann Herman Bernard(b.1826), and Johan Henrich(b. 1832). I know that the (ie) in Schnieder is easily turned around but we are (ie) to back in 1702. If any of this is fmiliar to any of those searching contact me. Thanks~Gayla

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 10:22AM GMT
My great grandfather was Peter Schneider who married Anna Katharina Albert. My Granmother was born in 1856 in Holzheim, Kreis Hersfeld, Hesse Kassel, so her parents were likely born about 1830. Does anyone see a connection? Ed Ries

Posted: 13 Jan 2009 11:21AM GMT
Surnames: Schneider, Alf
Trying to trace Schneiders from Germany: Irslingen and Zimmern, Rottweil. Frederick Ferdinand Schneider was my GGrandfather, but I have no info about his siblings.

Descendants of Nikolaus Schneider

1 Nikolaus Schneider b: December 01, 1805 in Irslingen, Germany
+Anna Maria Alf b: September 25, 1815 in Zimmern, Rottweil, Germany
m: June 09, 1835 in Irslingen, Germany
........ 2 Helene Schneider b: August 16, 1836 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
........ 2 Franz Schneider b: October 01, 1838 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
........ 2 Kreszentia Schneider b: June 15, 1840 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
............ +Ignaz Keller m: June 21, 1869 in Irslingen, Germany
........ 2 Josef Schneider b: March 13, 1842 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
........ 2 Michael Schneider b: September 29, 1844 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
........ 2 Maria Schneider b: October 28, 1846 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
........ 2 Luitgard Schneider b: June 01, 1849 in IRSLINGEN, GERMANY
............ +Andreas Schwarz b: in Hirschwirt, Germany m: June 10, 1879 in Gosslingen, Germany
........ 2 Frederick Ferdinand Schneider b: May 20, 1851 in Irslingen, Germany
............ +Mary Kaiser b: July 18, 1855 in Columbus, Ohio, USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic