Search for content in message boards

John Ferguson (1814-1888)

John Ferguson (1814-1888)

Posted: 19 May 2006 4:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ferguson, Munro, Rennie
Seeking information on the family of John FERGUSON (born circa 1814 in ? Scotland; died 21 Aug 1888, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB). His wife, Mary MUNRO was born 31 Dec 1823 in New Brunswick, and died 18 Nov 1918 in Bathurst, Gloucester, NB. They are both buried in Old St Luke's Presbyterian Cemetery in Gloucester, NB.

I found a "Family Group Record" on the FamilySearch website that lists their children as:
John Ferguson
Alex. Rankin Ferguson
R. Charles Ferguson
Francis Ferguson (born Oct 1859)
Munro Ferguson
A. Gilmour Ferguson
Mary Ferguson

The only one of the children I know anything more on is Francis Percy FERGUSON who married Barbara Auld RENNIE. She was born March 1865 in New Brunswick, but the marriage occured in the US.

If anyone else is researching this family I would love to exhange information.

Re: John Ferguson (1814-1888)

Posted: 16 May 2008 5:15AM GMT
Just found your message, Melanie. I would be interested in learning more about Frances Percy Ferguson.

I have information on his brother, Munro Ferguson.

Carolyn

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson
HI Melanie

I'm researching the family of John Ferguson as well. I'm a great-great granddaughter ( through Francis Percy I, born 1905) and would love to swap information. John was one of three brothers who immigrated to NB from Auchentiber in Ayrshire in Scotland. The eldest brother Robert's farmstead is still undeveloped (relatively) as Gowan Brae Golf Club in Bathurst.

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson Francis Percy, John, Francis etc...
I am presently doing research on the Ferguson family of Atholville, NB, where they built what was known as "Athol House" I have many copies of letters in my possession written by both John Ferguson's wife Mary Munro and her sister, A.E. Munro wife of John's brother Francis. I have a photo of Mary and John Sr., father of John Jr who married Sarah Elizabeth Smith. I'm in the process of putting together a booklet of sorts (turning out to be a book) on the family from Athol House but I can't make the link between my Ferguson family and the one from Bathurst (John and Francis) I also have a photo of a house with people on the veranda, in back it says Auchentiber, then what looks like written later in pencil "Ferguson house in Chatham" and it is dated 1897. I would love to get in contact with all of you who are researching this family and descendants of the Fergusons. I also have a bunch of unidentified photos taken in Chatham, Bathurst and Saint John NB..
I'm at snobunting@hotmail.com
pls reply and thank you..

Irene

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Fergusons
I am presently doing research on the Ferguson family of Atholville, NB, where they built what was known as "Athol House" I have many copies of letters in my possession written by both John Ferguson's wife Mary Munro and her sister, A.E. Munro wife of John's brother Francis. I have a photo of Mary and John Sr., father of John Jr who married Sarah Elizabeth Smith. I'm in the process of putting together a booklet of sorts (turning out to be a book) on the family from Athol House but I can't make the link between my Ferguson family and the one from Bathurst (John and Francis) I also have a photo of a house with people on the veranda, in back it says Auchentiber, then what looks like written later in pencil "Ferguson house in Chatham" and it is dated 1897. I would love to get in contact with all of you who are researching this family and descendants of the Fergusons. I also have a bunch of unidentified photos taken in Chatham, Bathurst and Saint John NB..

Irene

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Fergusons

Irene

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:21AM GMT
irene

Do you have this biography on the father of Francis and Hon. John Ferguson of Restigouche.

http://www.biographi.ca/FR/009004-119.01-e.php?id_nbr=3911&a...

Ginette

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 2:32AM GMT
Hi,
Sorry to say this is not John and Francis's father, their father was Robert but he was married to Agnes Logan not Mary Adams..

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson
Hello and Greetings,
I am actually a direct decendant of Francis Percy Ferguson he was my Great Grandfather, and in all reality the Francis who left Canada and moved to Wisconsin was Francis the Second. Francis the First was a senator by royal proclamation in Bathhurst New Brunswick. My Cousin Francis the third lives in Oregon. and we have other family members still living in various regions of the U.S. and still some living in Scotland.

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 2:16AM GMT
Francis and Barbara were my great grandparents they were married in Wisconsin, and had several children amongst them was my granbfather Donald Rennie Ferguson. One of the children was Francis the second who's son my cousin Francis no 3 lives in Oregon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions