Search for content in message boards

LEMONS, BRITT, SANDERS, INGRAM, CRANFORD, HARPER, POWELL

David K. Lemons (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Sat Mar 14 19:29:51 1998-My grandfather was Noah Lemons, born in Robeline about 1875. His father was Elijah Lemons born iaround Many-- Cedar
Grove around 1845, which would have been in Nachitoches Parish, I believe. I'm searching for the name and other information
on the father of Elijah Lemons (who also had George and Jack as brothers and Lizzy as a sister.) I'm also searching for
information on the Britts, Sanders, Ingram, Cranford, Harper and Powell families.

milies.

Sabine Parish,La & Mississippi

David K. Lemons (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lemons, Ingram, Britt, Sanders, Jeters, Daugherty, Dillard, Moran, Middlebrooks, Cranford, Harper, Goodwin, Powell, Cole, Bacot, Sims

Posted by David K. Lemons

Sat Mar 14 19:29:51 1998-My grandfather was Noah Lemons, born in Robeline about 1875. His father was Elijah Lemons born iaround Many-- Cedar
Grove around 1845, which would have been in Nachitoches Parish, I believe. I'm searching for the name and other information
on the father of Elijah Lemons (who also had George and Jack as brothers and Lizzy as a sister.) I'm also searching for
information on the Britts, Sanders, Ingram, Cranford, Harper and Powell families.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanders link?

Raymond Sanders (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Sanders
Natchitoches: What is your connection to the Sanders?

Bacot Family

Warren S. McMahan (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bacot
Looking for connections to one William Calhon Bacot,b.11-8-1837, in South Carolina,d.Nov.19,1920 in Austin,Texas in Conferate Vetrans home. William served in the Civil War in
Company A Forrest Cavalry.His wife was one Josephine Langham from Wilcox Co., Alabama.One of his sons was Edgar Harold Bacot (my Grandfather) b.7-12-1879,Limestone Co.,Texas,d.
11-14-1961,Dickens,Texas.

Daugherty

Vicki Duvall (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty, Ailstock, Ford, Oxley

David,I saw you had Daugherty in your surnames.I was
wondering what Daugherty's you have and from where.
Would you please let me know.Thank you.I have John
Hamilton Daugherty b.10 May 1810 d.12 June 1901.He
married Lucinda Oxley 1814.Again thanks.Vicki
vickford@webtv.net I think they were in
Natchitoches,Sabine or DeSoto Parish.

Daugherty

Vicki Duvall (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty, Ailstock, Ford, Oxley

David,I saw you had Daugherty in your surnames.I was
wondering what Daugherty's you have and from where.
Would you please let me know.Thank you.I have John
Hamilton Daugherty b.10 May 1810 d.12 June 1901.He
married Lucinda Oxley 1814.Again thanks.Vicki
vickford@webtv.net
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2003 2:20PM GMT
Surnames: Powell
I am looking for decendents of William Frank Powell b. 1852, my grandfathers Jim Ed Powell b. 1879 dad. He found a half brother William Richard Powell b. 1884 D. 1940 burried at Shiloh cemetery near Waldo, Ark. Do not know where the LA> family is. Thank you

William Calhon Bacot

Dave Stevens (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BACOT
I have been doing research on all of Forrest's cavalry troops and have run across a W. C. Bacot, who was originally in Company B of Forrest's Battalion and who eventually was a Major in Russell's 4th Alabama Cavalry Regiment. You may want to check, at least for the war history at www.itd.nps.cwss. Bacot commanded a battalion of 4 Alabama companies, who eventually were all incorporated into Russell's 4th Alabama. Bacot commanded these troops under Forrest in his 1862 Murfreesboro raid and during his 1st West Tennessee campaign ending at Parker's Crossroads in Tennessee. You can also find information on this unit at the Alabama State Archives, www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/rs4thcav.html, it has a piece on the wounding of W.C. Bacot.
My Forrest site is dstevens.bigsitecity.com if interested.

sanders natchitoches parish

Posted: 11 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2002 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: sanders
My grandmother was a sanders born in 1900 in robeline, la her father was william martin and his father was martin van buren sanders. martin's wife was named allie or allice they show three children in the 1900 census for natchitoche parish. Lena, Wesley and A Mary which i believe to be my grandmother (Vienne) as the ages are the same. are any of these names listed in you search. please email me. thanks

britt family

Paula Hutchins (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: britt, self, kerry
I am searching for the family of my grandfather James Alfed Britt who married Ella Elizabeth Self in Sabine Parish 5-5-1887. His brothers'name was John. His father died in the C.S.A. Paula
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions