Search for content in message boards

Dillon of Monroe county

Dillon of Monroe county

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Sep 2002 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Morris, Bonam, Lendon
Henry,glad were hitting now. I knew we would sooner or later. I understand there is maybe two families in Monroe county. Now this is Edna's thinking. That they started out in Va. then went to Pa. which you have that . now back to the census

1860 cenus of Salem twp.
Peter Dillon 46 tavern keeper pa.
Julia A. 22 oh.
Hamilton 21 hack driver
Maza 16
Mark 14
Margaret 12
Mary L. 3
Jacob 1
James 2/12
John White 38 lab pa.
Uriah Mead 46 Drayman md.
Margaret 57 Domestic md.
1870 cenus of Perry twp.
Peter Dillon 22 oh. farmer
Catherine 23 oh keep house
Eva D. 2 oh.
Henry there is a Bruce right above this
THomas Bruce 22 oh.
Elizabeth 27 oh.
Stephen O. 3/12
Nancy E. 3 oh.
I dont know what they are throw out if you want to.
I did just see it.

O.K. Now I found this in centre twp 1850 census. I have four of them going here.

Centre twp 1850
James R. Morris 30 printer pa.
Mary 27 va.
Ewart H. 4 m oh.
Enos F. 2 m "
Robert S. Hutcherson 23 m pa.
George W. James 19 pa.
Elizabeth Smith 11 pa.

Hope this is getting you some stuff . I dont know if I'm still hitting or not. You can pick it out ,,,Elsie Bonam

Re: Dillon of Monroe county

Posted: 23 Dec 2004 7:37AM GMT
Edited: 5 May 2005 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Bayes,Huffman, Price,Hickman, Stewart, Dye, Bruce, Riggenbach, Indermuhle
I know this is an old post but wanted to tell you Catherine Dillon and Thomas Bruce were Brothers and Sisters. I am trying to find out Elizabeth Dye Bruce's parents.

Re: Dillon of Monroe county

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: STEWART HUFFMAN DUVALL POWELL FRYE LOUGHMAN
I have STEWART, HUFFMAN, POWELL and other names I see listed here. This is SusiCP@aol.com my web site is up with Helen Durbin.
Alexander Duvall's wife was a POWELL and his family married into the HUFFMAN-STEWART Clans in Greene Co some early as Washington Co or old Augusta Co VA.

Re: Dillon of Monroe County

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 8:10PM GMT
Where is the connection with "Dillon of Monroe Co." with this post? Thanks.

Henry S. Dillon

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 1:01AM GMT
Henry,
I hope you have info on my Dillons. My g-g grandfather was Henry Dillon. He came to Texas about 1894. He brought 3 children: Ellsworth, Hannah and Florence. As far as I know, Ellsworth/Elzie never married. Hannah married Clarence Elder. Florence is my great grandmother and married Allan Bassett about 1896. On H.Dillons death certificate his birthplace is listed as Ohio.

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 4:05AM GMT
Did Henry Dillon's death certificate name his parents? What was the year of his birth and death? Do you have any other family information about Henry Dillon?

Henry S. Dillon
DILLON FAMILY GENEALOGY http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=hsdillon

Posted: 17 Apr 2007 11:52PM GMT
When I went checked records again, my Henry Dillon was born in Olney Mo, but somewhere in back of mind I have his father was from Ohio. My Henry was born on 26 June 1831 and died 6 Oct 1908. He is buried in Amarillo Texas.

He married Lydia Triplett. Cannot find date at this time. They had four 5 children. If anything sounds familiar, would love to increase info about Dillons.

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 1:45AM GMT
Hello Mr Henry Dillon Was Wandering If You Have More Information For Me & My Family My 2nd Great Grandparents Jacob Edwards - Elizabeth Vickers Daughter Of Elias Vickers - Phoebe Cunningham My 2nd Great Grandparents Jacob Edwards - Elizabeth Vickers Had Several Children My 1st Great Grandparents John Martin Patrick Dennis - Amanda Elizabeth Edwards And My 1st Great Uncle Henry Edwards Who Married 1st Great Aunt Tacy Jane Dennis Daughter Of 1st Great Grandparents Absalom Dennis - Mary Ann Wilson 1st Great Uncle Henry Edwards & Aunt Tacy Jane Dennis Had 3 -4 Children There Son David Edwards Married Sarah Woodyard They Had Several Children After 1st Great Aunt Tacy Jane Dennis Edwards Passed Away At Young Age 1st Great Uncle Henry Edwards 2nd Marriage Elizabeth Mackelfresh They Had 10 Children There Son Was Mahlon Edwards His 3rd Wife Was Rose Morrison There Daughter Elizabeth Edwards Who Married Brooke Capper According To Your Website My Family Is Looking For My 2nd Great Grandfather Jacob Edwards Parents & Brother & Sister Do You Know Some One Who Is Related Or Can Help Us On Finding My 2nd Great Grandfather Jacob Edwards Parents Name & Brother & Sister Family Data & History Also Mahlon Edwards Is 1st Cousin To My 1st Great Grandparents Benjamin Pittman - Margaret Palmer There Son My Great Grandparents John William Pittman - Mary Elizabeth Dennis Had 10 Children There Daughter My Grandparents Cora Jane Mariah Pittman - Joseph Martin Dennis And Her Brother & Sister Family Are Related To William Hall Family Since Grandma Cora Sister Clara Pittman Passmore Husband Mark Alonzo Passmore Father George Alonzo Passmore Mother Is Canarissa Perkins And Canarissa Perkins Parents Are Reuben Perkins - Mary Groves And Reuben Perkins Brother Is Elijah Perkins Who Family Is William Hall - Nancy Dillon . Also Mahlon Edwards 3rd Cousin Is Gladys Mae Lendon Yeager Since There Grandparents Was Brother & Sister So Mr Henry Dillon If You Have More Information Or Know Some One Who Can Help Us With Our Family Research Would Greatly Appreciate It Especially For 2nd Great Grandfather Jacob Edwards Family Of Virginia & Loudoun Virginia & Monroe Ohio & Lawrence Ohio & Ohio Thank You Also For Lovely Website Greatly Appreciate It.

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 3:49AM GMT
I am unable to locate your Henry or his family in my data base. I also searched unsuccessfully for Olney, MO. Should you locate Henry's father; his name or birth location, I'll again search my 5,000+ Dillon data base.

Henry S. Dillon
DILLON FAMILY GENEALOGY http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=hsdillon

Posted: 18 Apr 2007 3:58AM GMT
Out of all that information, can you simplfy your request to a single question to start with? Thanks.

Henry S. Dillon
per page

Find a board about a specific topic