Search for content in message boards

Mary Campbell/Joseph Willford

Mary Campbell/Joseph Willford

Barb Angstadt (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell, Willford
I am looking for information on Mary Campbell and Joseph Willford supposedly married in York County in 1770. This may be the Mary Campbell who was an Indian Captive as a child and released in 1764. Her brothers name was Dougal. Do not know mothers or fathers names.

Campbell/Willford

Richard Willford (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Joseph Willford, Mary Campbell
Joseph was born 22 Apr 1743 in Leicestershire, England. Married Mary Campbell in 1770 from Cumberland Co. PA.

Willford/Campbell

Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Willford, Campbell
Mary Campbell - wife of Joseph Willford (1743-1828). Where did she come from? Who were her parents? Who were her siblings? And was she really kidnapped by Indians as a child?

Re: Willford/Campbell

Rhonda Willford-Eberst (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Willford
There is a reallygood book about Mary Campbell. Will be happy to send any information. I don't have info on Mary's line but do on the Willford Line from England.

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 12:21PM GMT
Hi Rhonda,

Since posting that message I've bought Song of Courage, Song of Freedom by Marilyn Sequin, and The Beaded Moccasins by Lynda Durrant. Both have lots of detail about Mary Campbell's kidnapping, but are pretty skimpy on family details. Can you recommend any other books?
As for Joseph Willford, I know about his conviction for horse theft in England and subsequent exile to the colonies. Do you have more on his background?
Sarah

Rhonda Willford Eberst (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2001 3:30AM GMT
I will go through all of my files tomorrow and gather what I have to post. How do you fit into the Willford line?
Rhonda

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 10:57AM GMT
Edited: 21 Nov 2002 12:21PM GMT
I'm in the line of son William who married Sarah Rich. And you?

Ruth Willford Sage (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 4:02PM GMT
I am interested in information on the Willfords from England

Ruth Willford Sage (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 4:07PM GMT
I have seen your posting, William & Sarah Rich Willford are my great-great grandparents.

Rowland Smuck (View posts)
Posted: 3 Nov 2001 5:26PM GMT
I have Robert Wilforde b 1426 Oxton, England Wife b 1427 Oxton, daughter Julian Wilforde b 1447 Oxton, England. She married John Kelly in 1466. I have no other info. Rowland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions