Search for content in message boards

CREECH, ANGLIN,COLLIER, DALE, HORTON,

CREECH, ANGLIN,COLLIER, DALE, HORTON,

Marsil Creech (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Jonathan CREECH b. ca 1784 NC, d. 1852 Lee Co VA; married
three times; 1st to Mary (Polly) Anglin, 2nd to Jane Blair, and 3rd to an unknown Nancy. He had the following children; Elijah who married Sarah Day; William who married Sarah Branson; Mortimer who married 1st Elizabeth Wells Shepherd and 2d to Nancy Fields; Mary who married William Richmond; Sarah who married Charles Blair,Jr.; Ira who married 1st Mahala McKnight, 2nd Elizabeth Legg and 3rd to Ursula Anne Isom; Henry m. Mahala Fields; Hiram m. an Elkins; Elisha m. Lavina Kilborn; Silas m. Sarah Dale; Elizbeth m. Joseph Kilborn; 2nd daughter Mary m.John Creech; Nancy m. Randolph Collier Day; Jane m. a McKnight; Celia m. a McKnight; no info on daughter Rachel. Also seeking info on Jonathan's brother Elijha b. ca. 1779 in NC;died 1852/54 in Lee Co VA. His first wife was also an Anglin; 2nd wife Nancy Spencer.

Polly Anglin

Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2002 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin

Polly Anglin from Lee Cnty Va. Any one know her parents?
Thanks al

Polly Anglin

Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Creech, Anglin, Blair, Kilborn, Dale, Collier

Hi Allen,
Mary (Polly) Anglin that married Jonathan Creech in Lee Co VA; was the daughter of John and Jemima Anglin.
John Anglin died 1814 in Lee Co VA. Unknown when Mary (Polly) died. She and Jonathan reportedly divorced in 1825 in Harlan Co KY. No other records of her have been found.
I have further info on the siblings of Mary (Polly) Anglin if you are interested in this line. These Anglins are believed to have been born in Sullivan Co TN.
Marsil in NM

Re: Polly Anglin

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 9:01PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2002 2:01AM GMT
John Anglin b.July 30, 1734 maybe your ancester. He was the third child of Adrion Anglin and Elizabeth Gates. I recently visited the grave site of Adren in Van Zandt County TX. He is recognized by theTexas Historical Comm. for building Ft. Parker, was a Texas Ranger and supported the Texas Revolutionary Army. Adren was born in Lousia County VA and it is reported his father died in Lee County VA.

I am interested in William (Adrion) Anglin Sr., John's older brother. William was born Mar 31, 1733 in Hanover County VA and served in the American Revolution.

Do you have any information on Adrion and family?

Willing to share with anyone who likewise has needed info.

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 11:28PM GMT
Hi
Thanks the reply on Polly. I know she was dau of John Anglin and wife Jemima. John apparently in TN and died Lee Co VA in 1814. Polly was their dau marrioed Johnathan Creech Have lost Polly by 1826 Lee Co.

No, I do not have any further info on your William, My John was thw father of the TX Adren. I show John lived in Sullivan Co TN before moving to Lee Co VA.

Marsil in NM

Posted: 16 Apr 2002 7:03AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2003 10:16PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin
The Anglin brothers left Powell Valley, Lee Co VA. Settled Edgar Co Ill. Emigrated to Texas early 1830s.

Adrian Anglin (1796 - 1865) was an early settler of Anderson Co Tx., lived in Henderson Co Tx, buried Van Zandt Co Tx.
Brother Elisha Anglin (1798 - 1874) was the Anglin that helped build Fort Parker. His land grant was in present day Limestone Co Tx. Elisah married five times (m1 Rachel Wilson).
Brother John Anglin (1790 - ?) m. Mary "Polly" Unk. Polly Anglin's estate probated Anderson Co. Tx 1854.

I am interested in Adrian's wives--m1. Margaret Elizabeth Kent m2 Phebe Unk. Adrian's dau Margaret Eliz. Anglin m. Richard Duty Jr 12-10-1832 Edgar Co IL.

Adrian's second wife Phebe is misidentified in cemetery marker--seek true identity.

Linda Boothe (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2002 7:46PM GMT
Hi,

I am researching Zereldah Esselda Anglin married to Richmond Dixon, Stephen Bennett & J. VanDyke Gossett.

Adrien Anglin, John Anglin and Valentine Anglin are shown in the book, "The First Settlers of Houston Co., TX.", along with Richmond Dixon. Do you have any information on this couple?

Sincerely,

Linda

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 5:49AM GMT
Edited: 14 Feb 2003 10:16PM GMT
She is part of the John Anglin family--his brothers Elisha and Adrian came to Texas also. A large group of settlers came to Texas from Illinois and settled in Limestone Co and Anderson/Houston Co.

I can't give you much info, but I can give you what I have on John Anglin and his daughter Zarelda. My notes are at the bottom. A Parker married a Dixon also. And several of the the Parker/Hassell cousins married Parks. No Bennets married into my line that I remember. All these families that came from Illinois to Texas with the Parker Clan married back and forth. You can contact me at Judge127thDC@aol.com. if I can be of any help.

From my notes:

Children of John and Polly Anglin
(4)Cynthea ANGLIN(1809 VA - )
i.Amarmisilla ANGLIN (1839- )
+Thomas Hammons 12-1-1841 Coles Co Ill
ii.Mary J. HAMMONS (1843- )
(4)Valentine S. ANGLIN b. 1811
i, iiJohn B. ANGLIN (1836- )
William Riley ANGLIN (1836- )
iii.Nancy Elizabeth ANGLIN (1842- )
iv.Chapman ANGLIN (1843- )
v.Susannah ANGLIN (1844- )
vi.E.A. ANGLIN (1857- )
(4)William R. ANGLIN b. 1817 Lee Co Va
(4)Zareldah ANGLIN (1819 - )
+1. John Gossett
+2. Richmond Dixon
i.Mary Ann DIXON (1838- ) m. George Parks
( b.1827) ca 1-11-1860

Marty Hawk (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin, Askey
I have some information on you Anglin, would like to share with you.

Marty Hawk (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2002 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: Anglin, Askey
I have some information on you Anglin, would like to share with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions