Search for content in message boards

LEE, William L., b. 1847 (LEE Chambers Co, AL)

LEE, William L., b. 1847 (LEE Chambers Co, AL)

Posted: 5 Aug 1999 11:06PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 6:01AM GMT
I am searching for William L. LEE, b. 12 Feb 1847, d. 2 Mar 1915 in AL. Before arriving in Lee Co, AL. Five (5) generations of this LEE family are all buried in the Pierce Chapel Church Cemetery, about 4 miles west of Opelika, AL in Lee Co., AL. It is also the small country church that my wife were married in 1 Mar 1958:

My wife's name is Betty Jeanelle (LEE) POPE. We have been married 40 years. Her father was Charles Edward (C. E.) LEE, Jr., b. 14 Jul 1917 in Lee Co, AL and d. 17 Sep 1984. He is buried in Pierce Chapel Church Cemetery. C. E. LEE m. Elizabeth Louise (BAKER) LEE, 15 Apr 1937 in Opelika, AL. Elizabeth was b. 13 Mar 1919 and still lives in the home she lived in when she and C. E. were married.

C. E. LEE's father was Charles Edward (Eddie) LEE, Sr., b. 1880 in Lee Co., AL and d. 1933. He is buried in Pierce Chapel Church Cemetery by the side of his wife, Martha Ann Eugenia FOLSOM. (Eddie, Sr. and his brother Marion LEE married sisters, Marion m. Mary Tercy FOLSOM.)

C. E. LEE Sr.'s father was William L. LEE, b. 12 Feb 1847, d. 30 Apr 1915. He is buried in Pierce Chapel Church Cemetery by the side of his wife, Winnie ELKINS, b. 22 Mar 1850, d. 12 Jun 1905. William L. LEE was born in GA.

I believe (but have not proven) that William L. LEE grew up in Chambers Co, AL, near Lafayette, a son of Jonathan R. LEE (b. 1811, GA) married Eliza Ann MAY (b. 1826), 15 Dec 1842, Chambers Co., AL by Stephen REEVES, JP (ML Vol 2, #280 Stephen REEVES, JP was also 2nd Bondsman).

Jonathan R. LEE was the son of William LEE b. 1790/1800 and Nancy (??) LEE. I have been unable to verify where this William LEE descended from.

Will: William LEE, Chambers Co, AL Book I, p. 357, father of Jonathon R. LEE, dated 16 Apr 1842: Will mentions : wife Nancy (their home W1/2 SE 1/4 Sec 19 T29R27); youngest son Charles; dau Elizabeth REAVES w. of Stephen REAVES (they live E1/2 NE 1/4 Sec 19 T24R27); son Jonathon R. LEE (W1/2 NE 1/4 Sec 19 T24R27); son William LEE (W1/2 NE 1/4 Sec 19 T24R27); son Ephraim (S1/2 NW 1/4 Sec 19 T24R27). Attest: Emory PROTHO James WILKINS.
Executors: Jonathon R. LEE and his neighbor friend Nathaniel GRADY.
(Source:1850 U. S. Census: Chambers Co, AL, The People of Chambers, Co, AL, Vol II, The 1850 Census and Genealogical Facts, by John Peavy Wright)

Your Lees

Linda Lee (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 7:45PM GMT
Just wondering if there might be a connection here to my Lee. My father Richard Leon Lee, was born in Troy AL. His parents, Richard Marten Lee and Flossie Lee.

Please contact me if you have any information. Thanks

Any Lee connections?

Brian Lee (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 1999 8:19PM GMT
I too am looking for Lee's that originated in Alabama. All I know is that my g-grandfather Abner Victor (or Victor Abner) Lee was born around 1860 in the area around Montgomery Alabama. He later settled in Texas. Please excuse my lack of geography knowledge of Alabama if this is no where close to the area you are writing about. Please e-mail me direct at Bedcobri@aol.com with any info you may have. Thank you
Brian

LEE, Abner Victor

Posted: 15 Aug 1999 9:28PM GMT
Brian,
I do not believe there is a connection. (Well, may be some many generations back)
The LEE's that are related to my wife was in Chambers Co, AL and Lee Co, AL for 4-5 generations. To my knowledge (and I've done a large amount of research on the LEE families), there have been none moving toward Montgomery and Texas. There are no LEE family witht the name of Abner Victor. Sorry

David Pope (tabsgran2@aol.com)

LEE Family, Chambers and Lee Co, AL

Posted: 15 Aug 1999 9:39PM GMT

The LEE's that are related to my wife were in Chambers Co, AL and Lee Co, AL for 4-5 generations. To my knowledge (and I've done a large amount of research on the LEE families), there have been none moving toward Troy, AL
Posted: 8 Sep 1999 8:42PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 1:03AM GMT
My father, john W Lee had a relative named Flossy Lee from Finley, Ohio. Could this be the same Flossy?

Lee''s

Linda Lee (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1999 6:14PM GMT
Hi John,

I really don't know if Flossy Lee ever lived in Ohio. I do know that she and her husband lived in Troy Alabama, because that is where my father was born.

His name was Richard Leon Lee. My mother and he divorced when I was very young and I never had the chance to know my father's parents. Can you tell me more about what you know about Flossy?

Thanks!

Flossie

Posted: 11 Sep 1999 6:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 1:03AM GMT
I really couldn't tell you much about her. It is either a sister or an aunt of my dad's (John W Lee)) who is named Flossie. We spent more time over seas since my dad was Air Force then we did in the States. About every 3 years we would travel from New York, through Finley Ohio then down through Charlotte north Carolina to see relatives. All of my dad's came from Finley and my mothers were from Charlotte.

There was 11 kids in my dad's family (I think). His mother and dad was Albert and Mabel Lee.

Finley (Findlay, Ohio)

Hope Tillman (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 1999 12:52PM GMT
I am interested in the Lee tie-in to Findlay, Ohio because my grandmother was brought up by her aunt Marie Nelson (born Toledo, Ohio) who was married to a Clarence Willis Lee and at least one of their children Rowland Lee was born in Findlay, Ohio in 1891. My grandmother writes about Ohio as well. I am trying to find anything about Clarence Willis Lee's family. Any connection

Flossie Lee

Lucy Gargala (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1999 2:09PM GMT
My grandfather, Ernest E. Lee had a sister named Flossie, born Nov. 1891 in SD. Flossie married Charles Seeley of Bismarck, ND. She was his 2nd wife. Charles had 2 children, then he Flossie had 2 children. If this sounds like the one your looking for email me.
Lucy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions