Search for content in message boards

How do you get the birth certificate for someone that is adopted?

How do you get the birth certificate for someone that is adopted?

Posted: 23 May 2005 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
My father was adopted & has passed away. I would like to get his birth certificate, but everywhere I look requires name of his parents. I would like to find out what health issues is heritity.

I have his adoption papers & it has his birth name but not birth parents. I tried Alamosa Co. & they said all those records have been sent to the State & all the forms for the state want his parents name.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess 1927 Colorado birth certificates are not public records?

Dennis

Re: How do you get the birth certificate for someone that is adopted?

Posted: 2 Aug 2005 7:03PM GMT
I, too, am looking for the birth certificate of a deceased father from Colorado, (Pueblo). Did you have any luck?

If so, please contact me : netdezign2@charter.net

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 12:20AM GMT
I am trying to get the same information for an adopted family members (siblings). I have spoken with several people regarding getting adoption information and a few have suggested to write a judge in the county they were adopted in and ask them to unseal the records. I think I am going to try that because even though the two siblings I am looking for were born in 1929 and 1931 their records are still sealed. My issue is that I have their birth names and dates but not any information after they were adopted. The best of luck to you in your search.

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 4:25AM GMT
dennischap_1,

The Colorado adoption law clearly states that the decendant of an adoptee can gain access the OBC and records if the birth parents and adoptee are deceased. Please go to www.aisctc.org under faq section. You will still need to file a motion(JDF 532 and JDF 533 down load from state court web site or linked from web site) with the county court that the adoption was finalized. See under "faq" section. All information there.
Good Luck
Sincerely
J.N.H. aka B.B.M.

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 4:29AM GMT
dennischap_1,

The Colorado adoption law clearly states that the decendant of an adoptee can gain access the OBC and records if the birth parents and adoptee are deceased. Please go to www.aisctc.org under faq section. You will still need to file a motion(JDF 532 and JDF 533 down load from state court web site or linked from web site) with the county court that the adoption was finalized. See under "faq" section. All information there.
Good Luck
Sincerely
J.N.H. aka B.B.M.

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 3:46AM GMT
had my grandfathers adoption record unsealed and currently working on my great aunts adoption record. Do you know the county where the adoption was finalized? you will need a copy of your birth certificate a photo ID. fill out a WF523 form or WF533 form in the county where the adoption was done. once the magistrate approves it they will notify you by email or a letter in the mail, once this happens they usually make you come to the court house to few records and take notes but do not allow pictures or copies to be made. some counties like denver will mail you copies for a price.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions