Search for content in message boards

Ohair Family

Ohair Family

Posted: 15 Oct 2005 6:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2006 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Ohair
Want to know where James Ohair and wife Ellen Ross Ohair lived and died. They married sometime after 1887 in Wolfe and reportedly moved away. Possibly to Oklahoma but not sure. Would also like to know the names of any children they may have had. Ellen was the daughter of James and Lucinda Ross. I don't know who her husband James Ohair's parents were. Dorothy

Re: Ohair Family

Posted: 16 Apr 2007 9:50AM GMT
They died in wolfe and there children moved to Ohio I beleave her name was Liz Jane Ross and his was William O'Hare this might be the reason of dead ends and if so Liz Jane was my G.aunt and I've got more info. on parents and siblings

Posted: 16 Apr 2007 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hair
I'm sure the names are Ellen Ross who married James O'Hair. Her parents were James and Lucinda Ross. On James O'Hair's death-bed he confessed to murdering Ellen's father. Another man was hanged in the courthouse square around Campton in 1889 for the murder. This innocent man's name was James Buchanan. The Ross family lived around Hazel Green or Laurel Hollow. Buchanan was from the Stillwater area and I don't know where James O'Hair lived.

Posted: 9 May 2007 10:17PM GMT
Surnames: ohare
hi i may have some info on the ohare contact me at charlesm@mrtc.com

Posted: 11 May 2007 8:04AM GMT
Surnames: O'Hair, Ross
Do you know where James and Ellen Ross O'Hair moved to after leaving Wolfe? This would have been sometime after 1887. Do you know about when and where James died? Ellen was the daughter of James and Lucinda Ross but I do not know James' parents names. Did James and Ellen have any children? Any info appreciated. Dorothy

Posted: 12 May 2007 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: ross o'hair
the are a james o'hair 1887-1961 buried in the ohair cemeterie at trent ky the onley ellen ross that i have ever heard of married mat davis ellen head a sister jane that married william m o'hair so i am not shur if this will help you

Posted: 12 May 2007 11:18AM GMT
Your James O'Hair must be another one. My James O'Hair was born about 1867 and was married by 1887. So your James would be to young. Thanks though for trying to help. Every little bit goes a long way. Dorothy

Posted: 16 Oct 2007 9:19AM GMT
I know now which one this is this the same O'Hair that on his death bed admitted to killing James Ross in 1887 when Wolfe.co accused James Buchann and hung him in 1888 for the murder of James Ross

Posted: 16 Oct 2007 3:41PM GMT
Do you know where James and Ellen Ross O'Hair lived when he died? Do you know where any of his children are?

Posted: 16 Oct 2007 3:42PM GMT
Do you know where James and Ellen Ross O'Hair lived when he died? Do you know what the date of his death was? Do you know where any of his children are?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions