Search for content in message boards

Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Posted: 4 Nov 2008 8:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKee
Does anyone happen to have a copy of this book?

I would like to request a lookup if possible.

I have been told my great grandfather is listed in the book.
His name is Albert Mckee, he was born 11 Nov 1886 in Letterkenny, Franklin Co, Pa.
His parents are:
Father: William Alexander McKee b. 8 Nov 1848 in Pa
Mother: Emily Etta Alleman b. 8 Mar 1844 in Lurgan, Franklin Co, Pa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Lookup request from the "Book of McKee"

Posted: 6 Nov 2008 2:52PM GMT
James O McKee has a copy of the book. You can contacy him at 660 273-2527. James has a sight problem but given time he can answer your questions. James is my cousin and lives in MO. Hope this will help.
John

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 9:08PM GMT
is this book by Raymond w Mckee, Dublin, Hodges, Figgis 1959.

If so let me know. Thank you

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 3:52AM GMT
I have a copy of the "Book of McKee", and yes it is by Raymond W. McKee and is printed by Dublin, Hodges, Figgis 1959. There us an index, and I can try to look for information for you if you give me the full name and if possible the area they lived and the possible branch.

Posted: 10 Feb 2009 5:21PM GMT
Yes that is the book
John

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 2:49AM GMT
Do you have a John McKee born 1801 NC ? We know he was in the Army and eventually ended up in Marshall County, Ms. with his wife, Elizabeth Lytle (from York County, SC)

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 4:46AM GMT
I did not find a John McKee born in NC in 1801 who served in the war and then went to SC. I checked all of the John's, and there were many. Sorry.

Posted: 11 Feb 2009 3:48PM GMT
The name is John Mckee born May 6, 1835. He had a brother, James, no known birth date. The other info that we have is he may have been born in Darigo, Kilkeel, county Down Ireland. John died in Mckee's Mills New Brunswick, Canada on May 31, 1910. Thank Matt

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 9:42PM GMT
I was not able to find any information about John McKee born May 6, 1835 with brother James in the "Book of McKee". I checked all of the John's listed on various pages of the book, and there were none that would fit the information. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 11:51PM GMT
Does this book mostly deal with the McKee's that came to America after a certain year or does it deal a little with the McKee's that may have stayed in Ireland and arrived later towards the 1900's?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic