Search for content in message boards

Farrells Ireland to Vermont

Farrells Ireland to Vermont

LFarrell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2000 5:24PM GMT
Looking for ancestors. Francis Farrell b.1806 and his wife Catherine (Casey) b.1822 came to Vermont from Ireland around 1850. They had 9 children. Michael b. 1853 was my great grandfather. Their other children who lived to an adult age were James b.1850, William b. 1855, and possibly Francis b.?. I think the children were all born in Barnard,Vermont. Does anyone recognize these names?
Thanks, Linda

Vermont Farrells

Carolyn Konecki (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 8:58PM GMT
My great grandfather, Benjamin Farrell, was born in Bennington, VT in 1855. His father's name was Edward Farrell and he had siblings of Francis, Thomas, Mary, Edward, and Fergus. I know the family is from County Leitrim in Ireland, but I know nothing more. I can't help thinking there is some connection here. Let me know if this helps.

Thomas Farrell

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 7:35AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 6:12PM GMT
I would like any information on the Thomas Farrell you listed.
Do you know where he was born? Who he married? His children's names?
Right now I'm grasping at any information related to a Thomas Farrell.

Thanks in advance,
Rose Marie Lewis
(Granddaughter of a Farrell)

Re: Thomas Farrell

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 7:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 7:16PM GMT
My grandfather was Thomas Farrell born in Scranton, Pa. in
1859. He was the son of Michael and Bridget McGillicuddy
(Mack). He was raised in Plymouth, Pa. , He married
Catherine Burke the daughter of John and Margaret Hessian
Burke ( Natives of County Mayo) Thomas was the father of
11 Chilldren < Michael my father the oldest.Born 1882. Had
one brother Thomas and 6 Sisters. Thomas had an Uncle
Thomas who lived in Plymouth, Pa. Two children Leo and
John.Some earfly childhood Thomas Farrell family.

Re: Vermont Farrells

PHIL DION (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2002 6:42AM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
hello there was a large farrell family that came to Vermont via-Canada in 1830. they settled in Underhill, VT area the oldest was James Edward born 1774 in Ireland. he had 5 sons Edward, Frederick, George, luke and Paterick my great great grandfather, and a daughter Mary. Edward was born in Ireland
in aprox. 1812 he at least three sons Patrick, Philip and they
would have been born around 1825-1835 mabey this is your line. there wern't many farrells in vermont in the early years that wern't. Many of the early Irish settled in the Underhill, Vt
area, If you chech with the catholic archives at saint marys
cathedral in Burlington, Vt they have better records than the state as to birth, marages and deaths, Phil

Re: Vermont Farrells

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 6:36PM GMT
Hello, Phil. Read your discussion of James Farrell of Underhill, who came by way of Canada. My husband is related, are you? I have just printed a book of these Farrells, so interested if you are related. Do you have any old, old photos? We live in Jericho VT, which is right next to Underhill. Where do you live?
thanks very much,]
Karen Farrell
you can email me at:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic