Search for content in message boards

McNeil of Michigan

McNeil of Michigan

Posted: 22 Nov 2000 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 3:56PM GMT
My grandfather's name is Robert Elmer McNeil.
His Father's name was Charles Elmer McNeil and was married to Hazel whose maiden name was Eva.
They had several children besides Robert. One of which was Ted (Theodore).
Anyone know of any others in this line?

Re: McNeil of Michigan

Posted: 8 Jul 2001 10:07PM GMT
I have a McNeil in Michigan in my family line, where in Michigan are you looking?

Posted: 9 Jul 2001 1:50PM GMT
Surnames: McNeil, Nolf

I am guessing they would be somewhere around the Central Lake area. Maybe not right in Central Lake, but probably at least somewhere close by. I have dates and names for this part of the family line, but no locations. Do you have any name matches?

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: McNeil
Sorry, no name matches but you may want to check descendents of Joseph McCreery ftm...good luck!

Posted: 10 Jul 2001 6:39PM GMT

Joseph McCreery ??? Who is he?

Posted: 11 Jul 2001 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: mcNeil
That tree contains a lot of the McNeil name...that's where I found my grand father's third wife, Cora McNeil, of Michigan.

Posted: 15 Feb 2002 8:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: McNeil, Dodge, Moore, DeGraw, Schneider
I am not related, but this article was on the same page as information about my family. It may help you.
--------
VASSAR RD. COUPLE PLANS OPEN HOUSE MARKING
50TH YEAR
The Golden Wedding of Mr. and Mrs. Vernon McNeil, both life residents of Genesee County, will be observed with an open house from 3 to 5 P.M. Sunday at their homestead farm at 10181 S. Vassar Rd.
Vernon McNeil and Emma Dodge were married on Dec. 30, 1903, on the farm on which they now live by the Rev. Fred R. Bush, now a resident of Rochester, N.Y.
Mrs. McNeil was born in the home where she was married and now lives. The home has been in the family since 1852 when Mrs.McNeil's grandparents purchased it. They have farmed the property all their married lives. Mr. McNeil was born at 6299 Baldwin Rd.
The McNeils are the parents of 3 daughters, Mrs. Helen Moore, 10277 S. Vassar Rd., Mrs. Ruth DeGraw, 11101 Halsey Rd. and Mrs. Jean Schneider, 1035 Lorene St., Mt. Morris, and 4 sons, Robert McNeil of 7295 Baldwin Rd., John McNeil of Thompson Rd., Holly, and Malcolm McNeil, Bath. There are 16 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.
December 25, 1953.
---------------
They only listed names of three sons in article. Not sure which paper this is from probably either Flint Journal or Flint Saturday Night. If you want the photocopy of this article send me your address.

Sondra (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2002 8:43PM GMT

thank you so much!!!

My mailing address is :
97 Evans St.
Watertown, MA 02472

Posted: 19 Nov 2002 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: McNeil MacNeil
I just located my family line and discovered that, somewhere along the way, we're probably related to you. (My mother is a McNeil from Michigan.) My mother had an uncle named Elmer McNeil, son of Francis Hector McNeil from Watertown, MA-USA, son of Hector MacNeil from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. (This was a huge upset. We thought our family was from Ireland but now know the McNeils/MacNeils are from Scotland!)

Do you know any of your McNeil family tree? If so, our "Piper" MacNeils can probably help you trace where you're family's from. (Note: It helps to know the siblings and their ages of your parents, grandparents, and g-grandparents to find the connections.)

Sondra Caserio (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2002 4:11PM GMT

How cool! I think you may be correct! I know almost nothing about my mcneil heritage except that we are scottish. I would love to hear more from you or the person you mentioned cause i've hit some real "brick walls" in my research. I can be reached at sondic@hotmail.com Although my internet access is somewhat limited, I would really love any info you can provide and would be more than happy to share what family history I have.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Sondra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions