Search for content in message boards

Photos of two gravestones in Forest Lawn Cem, Seattle

Photos of two gravestones in Forest Lawn Cem, Seattle

Posted: 30 May 2012 11:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Ethebert (or Bert) W St John was born in 1877 and died 14 May 1922 in Seattle. His wife, Ida B Pears St John was born in 1878 and died 22 Jul 1955 in Seattle. The Pears relatives say both are buried in the Forest Lawn Cemetery at 6701 30th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98126 | 206-932-0050.

Is there someone who could go to the cemetery, take photos of their gravestones, and email them to me?

Thank you very much,
Jacki in Mexico

Re: Photos of two gravestones in Forest Lawn Cem, Seattle

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 4:19AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2012 4:29AM GMT
Here is Ida's death notice, it said she is buried in Evergreen Cemetery.

St. John - Ida B. 725 16th Ave. Beloved Mother of Justeena Eleanor St. John; Mrs. Ida Maude Smedberg, Seattle; Mrs. Kathryn Mensmer, Santa Cruz, Calif. Services at Johnson & sons, Monday 1 P.M. Interment Evergreen.
Seattle Daily Times, July 24, 1955. Page 49

Her obit, same page and date

Mrs. Ida B. St. John

Mrs. Ida B. St. John, 76 of 725 16th Av, died Friday at her home. Mrs. St. John, born in Little Rock, Ark., came to Seattle 37 years ago. She had been living at the home of her daughter, Miss Justeena St. John.
Surviving are two other daughters, Mrs. Ida Maude Smedberg, Seattle, and Mrs. Kathryn Menzmer, Santa Cruz, Calif. and five grandchildren.
Funeral services will be at 1 P.M. in the Johnson & Sons Chapel. Burial will be in Evergreen Cemetery.

I do not find her listed in Forest Lawn or Evergreen. Evergreen-Washelli is mostly online. She may have not had a stone, or it is too worn.

I could not find an obit for Bert.

Bert appears to be buried at Forest Lawn, and there is a picture of his stone, but it is pretty much illegible
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=st...;

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 4:39AM GMT
Ida Louise Smedberg
Beloved Mother of Gustaf, Edmonds; Mrs. Elsie Fallman?Seattle; Mrs. Margaret Foss, Snohomish; Eight grandchildren, one great grandchild. Services Saturday, 10 A.M. Mittelstadt Chapel. Interment Evergreen. Contributions to Medic 1.

Seattle Times, September 15, 1977 Page E19

You might email Evergreen - Washelli cemetery and confirm their burials there
http://www.washelli.com/locate/

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 6:57AM GMT
Thanks, Barb, for sending the obit and death notice for Ida St. John. Yes, I will call Evergreen to request a genealogy search. It is surprising that it takes 6-8 weeks. I hope in that time they give more info than just the plot number. I just discovered that someone has posted on ancestry two photos of her, one as a young woman with her siblings and another as a mature woman.

I had found the findagrave memorial for Bert since I wrote the message here. Since he was buried at Forest Lawn, one wonders why she was buried at Evergreen. It may have something to do with her living 33 years after he died.

Thanks again,
Jacki
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions