Search for content in message boards

George Davidson - VA or NC

George Davidson - VA or NC

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2004 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Davidson, Randle
Looking for info on Col. George Davidson father of Lucy Davidson (b. abt 1777 VA or NC). George's daughter Lucy married Parham Randle.

Re: George Davidson - VA or NC

Bill Davison (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Davison Atkins
What information are you looking for. George Davison b. 1730 Amelia Co., or Qrange Co., VA lived in Prince Edward Co, VA wife Brazilla Atkins and Sarah Atkins m. 9/11/1769 Amelia Co., VA and d. 1811 Montogery Co, NC

Posted: 21 Jul 2002 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2003 8:05PM GMT
Did your George Davidson have a daughter named Lucy who married Parham Randle? Lucy & Parham Randle had a daughter named Lucy Lois Randle. Does this fit with your family? Ruth

Posted: 23 Jul 2002 4:07AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2004 12:38AM GMT
Ruth
Did the George you are looking for have brothers William and Alfred.
Barb Davidson Freeman

Posted: 23 Jul 2002 8:39PM GMT
Sorry, I don't know the names of anyone else in that generation. Only his daughter's name. Ruth

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 8:07PM GMT
Bill, you still out there? I'm wondering if your Col George Davidson had a daughter named Lucy Davidson who married Parham Randle. ??

Kevin Boone (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2003 2:51AM GMT
Col George Davidson was born 1730 Amelia Co. Va. died 1811 Anson Co N.C.
1st marriage Sarah Elizabeth Atkins 18 May 1756 d.1769
children: Sallie b.1763 , Fannie b.1765, Elizabeth b.1767
2nd marriage Barzilla Atkins 11 Sep 1769 b.1745 d. 1807
children:
1. Frances b1770 d1866 married Wilson Randle
2. John b1772 d1859 Married Martha Cambell
3. Nancy b1772 d1817 Married Thomas Randle
4. Lucy b 1774 Married Isham Harris
5. George Washington b1776 d1866 Married Mary Randle
6. Martha b1776 d1850 Married Patrick Boggan
7. Richmond Gates b1782 d1845 Married Lucy Hicks Pegues
8. Nathanial Green b1783 d1859
Children of Lucy Davidson and Isham Harris
1. Isham Green Harris b1796 Franklin Co. Tenn had daughter Nancy W. Harris who married her fathers cousin John Randle
(son of Nancy Davidson and Thomas Randle) b12 Jan 1811
They were married 1831 and had 10 children:
Thomas G. Randle, Lucy E. Randle, Martha E. Randle, Nancy E. Randle, Angeline E. Randle, George B Randle, John F Randle, Mary E Randle, William H Randle, Richmond A. Randle
I hope this is of some help to you. There are several decendents of George Davidson in the DAR. I am decended from Richmond Gates Davidson and Lucy Hicks Pegues. Please E-mail me if I can help you more.

Posted: 10 Jan 2003 3:05AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2003 8:05PM GMT
Thank you Kevin. I guess my Lucy Davidson with a father by the name of George does not fit your family profile. Your response is greatly appreciated. Ruth

Hollis Davison (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2003 5:03AM GMT
Surnames: DAVIDSON DAVISON
Kevin,

Five additional comments, which may be of interest to board readers, are submitted below to add to your posting about George Davidson (sic).

1. George's birthplace is Orange Co, VA. His parents, John and Ann Davison lived there from about 1723 until 1742 when they moved to Amelia/Prince Edward Co, VA. These locations and years for his parents are supported by courthouse records. Before Orange County, this John Davison lived in Essex Co, VA. A bit of caution -- there was another John Davison (wife was Jane and they came to VA from Ireland via PA) who moved about 1738 to that part of Orange County that became Augusta County, so some researchers have mixed the two. John and Ann Davison lived very near the present town of Orange, while the other John and Jane Davison lived a considerable distance away over the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Shennadoah Valley.

2. George signed his name as Davison in the Prince Edward Co, VA, records. His father and brothers also used the Davison spelling for their signatures. Often, secondary records listed the name with the second "d", or as Davisson, or even as Davis, albeit the latter was less frequent. And, I have found several of the next generation who could not write, so another person often signed Davidson above the "X" mark.

3. The Amelia Co, VA, recorded copy of George's second marriage to his first wife's sister shows her first name spelled as "Brazelear". However, in my experience, I have found many errors with name spellings for the recorded copies. Someday, in the near future, I will stop by the courthouse and check the original marriage bond.

4. I question the validity of birth years for George and Sarah's three children. They married in 1756. I doubt it was seven years before the first daughter "Sallie" came along. In fact, I am not aware of any support for Sarah's death in 1769 which happened to be the year he married Brazilla Atkins.

5. Three of George Davison's siblings also moved to Anson/Montgomery Co, NC. These were: George's older sister and her husband -- James and Elizabeth Davison Atkins; his older brother, Daniel Davison (wife was a Nancy ???); and, George's younger brother, Ambrose Davison (married Robert Atkins daughter who was deceased before 1777). While I have yet to research the several children of the aforementioned siblings, I have traced one and am in process of working a second, both born in Prince Edward Co, VA. First, Ambrose Davison had one child -- Francis "Frankey" Davison who married Thompson Harris in Charlotte Co, VA, 4-Sep-1780. Thompson and Francis "Frankey" Davison Harris moved to Montgomery Co, NC, about 1782. Second, Josiah Davison also moved to Montgomery Co, NC, about the same time period, and preliminary findings suggest that he was probably Daniel and Nancy Davison's son.

I hope the above is of interest and use.

Best regards, Hollis Davison (Retired in VA)

Kevin Boone (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2003 5:06PM GMT
Just a thank you Hollis for your information. I am always happy to recieve info to clarify or correct my research. I have found conflicting reports on John Davidson's wife Ann. Some accounts have Ann Sonners as the mother of his children and other accounts have her as his second wife and a first wife Ann as the mother of his children. Do you have any info to clarify this?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions