Search for content in message boards

Pilson geneology

Pilson geneology

andrew Pilson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: pilson
Hello can anyone help.
I am trying to trace my family history and I need to know anything about an Andrew pilson, thomas pilson, Samuel Pilson and Margeret Pilson from about 1700 onwards they are involved with or live near Banbridge County Down.
I also have names of other Pilson's in the Down area of about that time that I cant link to my direct line yet, perhaps someone has the missing link.
I have most of the Downpatrick Pilsons on file as well if anyone is interested but I cant find the link to my family considering they lived down the road so to speak and it was not a common name I feel sure that they are related.

genealogy

Margaret Owen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pilson
Andrew Pilson,
I am searching for my "Down" connection too. I have very little info.
Richard Pilson==born 1750'ish
SAMUEL Pilson==born1773'ish
_(we need another name here)born 1800'ish
John Pilson(in Baltimore Md.father of my grandfather)
John Thomas Pilson(my Grandfather--Baltimore, Md b.1845-1932

(John T had 6 children who lived to maturity

Millard, Charles, Wilford, Christobel, Catherine

and Lottie. My Mother Catherine, the last, died 1977.
Family knowledge starts in County Down, with Richard as first we know of,, a location we cannot locate, On a Royal Land grant at "Wileys(Wylies)Hill Head". We do not know any circumstances of the land grant.
Above mentioned John Pilson was one of four sons, in Baltimore,the others Samuel, Robert, and George.
Hill Head".
It has occurred in my thinking, that possibly the name Pilson might have Scottish roots.
Good luck in your search
Maggie Owen

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions