Search for content in message boards

Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffiths, Rees, Griffith
I am in desperate need of an obit for my grgrgrandmother Ann Griffiths Rees b.abt Jan 1840 Wales, who is buried in Allegheny Cemetery, Pittsbugh, PA. Her cemetery records list 13 Oct 1918 as her death date.I have not been able to locate her death record either. I have tried. I need great help here. Willing to pay or reimburse. Her husband was John Thomas Rees. There was an Ann Griffith Rees who died in Illinoin in 1918 from Pittbsburgh. I am actually trying to find out who she is as well. I DO NOT think they are the same person but I am trying to clear that up by the obits. It is possible. THe Illinois Ann G. Rees death record , Cook COunty, Illinois lists her son as John "F" Rees, and father as David Griffith, no "S". My Ann Griffiths Rees ' son was John Thomas Rees. Also, my Ann has an "S" at the end of Griffiths. Always has been. They seemed careful about that..not that an error couldn't have been made. The Illinois Ann states on the record that she and John (son) lived in Pittsburgh..so they clearly were just staying at the hotel in Chicago when she passed away. I REALLY need help. Obits?? PA death record for ANN?? There is not one on file for her in Allegheny County..unless one of you has better luck? Slueths??? Thanks .Suzanne

Re: Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
If PA does not have a record for her there is a good chance she died out of state and the Illinois one is your Anne. As for her son's middle initial--T's and F's can look very much alike so that and the additional s could be errors.

Here is a link to Pgh newspapers on Google. I would start with the Press and Post Gazette. Just click on any date in blue under the paper you want, click Browse this newspaper. Then you can type in the year, then month, than day. It can be tedious but worth it if you find the obit.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~njm1/Daily...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic