Search for content in message boards

Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffiths, Rees, Griffith
I am in desperate need of an obit for my grgrgrandmother Ann Griffiths Rees b.abt Jan 1840 Wales, who is buried in Allegheny Cemetery, Pittsbugh, PA. Her cemetery records list 13 Oct 1918 as her death date.I have not been able to locate her death record either. I have tried. I need great help here. Willing to pay or reimburse. Her husband was John Thomas Rees. There was an Ann Griffith Rees who died in Illinoin in 1918 from Pittbsburgh. I am actually trying to find out who she is as well. I DO NOT think they are the same person but I am trying to clear that up by the obits. It is possible. THe Illinois Ann G. Rees death record , Cook COunty, Illinois lists her son as John "F" Rees, and father as David Griffith, no "S". My Ann Griffiths Rees ' son was John Thomas Rees. Also, my Ann has an "S" at the end of Griffiths. Always has been. They seemed careful about that..not that an error couldn't have been made. The Illinois Ann states on the record that she and John (son) lived in Pittsburgh..so they clearly were just staying at the hotel in Chicago when she passed away. I REALLY need help. Obits?? PA death record for ANN?? There is not one on file for her in Allegheny County..unless one of you has better luck? Slueths??? Thanks .Suzanne

Re: Ann GRIFFITHS REES Obit needed

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 6:24PM GMT
If PA does not have a record for her there is a good chance she died out of state and the Illinois one is your Anne. As for her son's middle initial--T's and F's can look very much alike so that and the additional s could be errors.

Here is a link to Pgh newspapers on Google. I would start with the Press and Post Gazette. Just click on any date in blue under the paper you want, click Browse this newspaper. Then you can type in the year, then month, than day. It can be tedious but worth it if you find the obit.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~njm1/Daily...

Captain James Rees and Sons

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 9:28PM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 30 Oct 2013 6:08PM GMT

Re: Captain James Rees and Sons

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Rees, Griffiths
Okay.....here it my take on all that..My Ann Griffiths was married to John Thomas Rees. I strongly believe..amd CANNOT prove at this point..that James Rees (shipyard and ship Captain etc) is a brother to my John T. Rees who owned and operated a Stone quarry/Monument Marble business on PENN AVE, in Pittsburgh PA at EXACTLY the same time as James Rees and sons. I don't know how yours ties into Griffiths except that I had heard that Griffiths was tied to Warner Brothers when it filmed out of Pittsburgh in that "era". I don't actually know ANY of John Thomas Rees' brothers, sisters or Parents. His Death certificate has not been located. I just recently had someone searching for his death obit. My John Thomas Rees died Oct, 13 1899, Allegheny County. HE is not buried with James Rees nor is his wife Ann Griffiths Rees. That is NOT to say that they are not related. Seems to me they are. I just have not been able to prove it. Can anyone help me do so? (I have been doing this for 15 years..i'm not a novice..quite good actually. But..have hit a few walls here.) I do know that my Rees family lived in Richmond Va in the 1870's only for a couple years as my gr grandmother was born there. Her sibling prior were born in Wales. They then came to Pittsburgh, PA after 1879. John was born in Wales, Glamorganshire area, abt 1836. (hard to tell on that too as birth records were quarterly in Wales at the time.

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 10:39PM GMT
I am from the Pittsburgh ARea but now live out of state. I make it back a couple times a year. I plan to visit the Allegheny Cememtery again next spring. I do not have photos of the OTHER Rees in the cemetery. i think I need to spend a day with a Cememtery personnell to help me sort it out. (yeah, like they have time!) Ann Griffiths Rees owned the lot that John and her sons are buried in. I believe John died unexpectedly and young enough that he was not the purchaser of the PLOT. I do have the cemetery record. Anything more you can help with is greatly appreciated./ My line here: see Suzanne Bohrer Family. See John Thomas Rees . (Also...my John Thomas had a son David also. I believe ours is a David E. Rees.See also Ann Griffiths Rees.

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 11:06PM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 30 Oct 2013 6:08PM GMT

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 1:32AM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 30 Oct 2013 6:09PM GMT

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 9:36AM GMT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/1TNR-71C/p_10453100704

Maybe this is your John Rees? If not you can do a search--there were alot of Rees / Reese that came up in a search just on the last name.

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 11:31AM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 30 Oct 2013 6:10PM GMT

Captain Thomas Rees

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 12:24PM GMT
This post was deleted by a board administrator on 30 Oct 2013 6:10PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions