Search for content in message boards

the Boyd family from Oden, indiana, Daviess Co.

the Boyd family from Oden, indiana, Daviess Co.

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Nov 2001 7:29PM GMT
there were quite alot of boyd's located in Daviess co., oden indiana. most of the boyd people i have known of were burried in the walnut hill cemetery. located outside of oden, in. some relocated to chicago area way back. joseph boyd, albert (or adam) probably other brothers and sisters, fathered by a samuel boyd , i believe from lancaster, pa. would like to know as to whom the father and mother of samual was and whence they came.

albert had several children, walden, holman, edna, rose, estella and i believe virginia may whom died very young.

they all came from oden, in.

joseph moved to chicago, had two children, trimble, and bernice.

do not know whom the wives of joseph and albert were. albert's second wife was maggie.

i have some info. on some of above mentioned, would be very glad to share.

thanks all

wayne euler

Re: the Boyd family from Oden, indiana, Daviess Co.

Posted: 30 Jan 2004 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd/Moore/Shaffer
Samuel Boyd b. 1763 Lancaster County Pa d. Dec. 24, 1856 Madison Twp Odon Ind. burried in Walnut Hill Cem. married Jane Moore b. abt 1780 Ireland married in 1799 in Northumberland Co. Pa. had these children Mary Boyd, Margaret Boyd married John Mcgonigle, Eliza Boyd married Samuel Eaton, James Boyd, Robert Boyd married Mary Jane Vaughn, Sarah Boyd, Albert Boyd married Rachel Ann Eaton and Ann Adams, Samuel Boyd Jr married Maria Malone, William Boyd married Barbara Shaffer...Boyds came from Lancaster Co to Northumberland Pa, then to Cadiz Ohio, Dundee Ohio and then in 1845 to Odon Ind..some of Sam Sr grandchildren arrived here around 1860's from Tuscarawas Co Ohio

Re: the Boyd family from Oden, indiana, Daviess Co.

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 11:20PM GMT
hello cynthia:

just found your info. on the boyd family, on the inquiries. appreciate the info. greatly.
are you familiar with joseph boyd, another son of samual the first?
which was the father of trimble and his sister?
which was the father of stella, walden, rose and holman boyd?
my mother was a twin borne of stella(johnson) boyd.
also what children resulted from the marriage of william boyd?

do appreciate any info. also how are you tied to the boyd family?

thanks much again,

wayne euler
per page

Find a board about a specific topic