Search for content in message boards

John Ashby/Ashbey

John Ashby/Ashbey

Posted: 10 Jul 2000 11:22PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 7:06AM GMT
Searching for any info on John Ashby or Ashbey. M: Vaila Hackney @1825/30.
My info says he was born in Pike CO. or Floyd Co. but I can find no trace.
His daughter Mary Polly married Jonathan Skeen 22 Aug. 1868 in Pike Co. Jonathan And Mary Polly were my GG Grandparents.

Any help would be appreciated. Any info on the Skeen(s), Skene lineage would be appreciated also.

Bill K. Anderson
Bka199@Aol.com

John Ashby

Donald L. Ashby (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2000 5:14AM GMT
Bill: Please forgive my previous email. I must have had other things on my mind and only saw the first line of your email. You gave precise information. Many people just give a name but omit dates or even what state the person lived in, which give almost nothing to work on. Your bst bet is to contact Russell County Court House. Donald

John Ashby

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 6:29AM GMT
Hi Don,

John AShby would have been born about 1800.
I have checked RussCo and the only info I was able to get was Johnwas born in PikeCO, KY.

Pike County did not exist in 1800 so I wonder. I did check Floyd County. But that is a slow process. I noticed Edward and William both had sons named John. Did either of them die in RussCo?

Thanks for responding.

Take care.

Bill K. Anderson (Bka199@Aol.com)

John Ashby

Posted: 11 Jul 2000 2:49PM GMT
Bill: Sorry but am not finding anything on your John Ashby in Virginia. Iv'e looked in both the Robert Ashby and Thomas Ashby books that have thousands of Ashbys in them along with those that they married. I'm writng an article tonight about Captain John Ashby of Fauquier County, Virginia. He was born 1740 and died in 1815 and was the grandfather of General Turner Ashby. I porbably have the biggest collection of Ashby material including several old photo's of Ashby homes in Fauquier County datind to the early to mid 1700's. If I come across anything on your John Ashby I will let you know. Good Luck - Donald.

John Ashby

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 9:57AM GMT
Bill.
My mother had a half brother Named John who was or should I say her father Joseph Garland Ashby was from Pike Co. Va. I know that John moved to Ky where he raised his family and died about 6 years ago. He has a brother named Lonnie and a sister named Goldie. Does any of this sound familar? Even if it doesn't let's exchange info. I have a feeling were talking about the same family line. My email is windancer_27041@yahoo.com Look forward to hearing from you.
Deborah Love

John Ashby

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 10:06AM GMT
Bill, Should have read the responses to you posting. I've got a Pike Co. in Ky and Virginia. Not sure why. I also feel Turner Ashby was in my linage also. Can you e-mail Doug and ask him to e-mail me please. Maybe if we put all are info toghter we can figure it out. Thanks and good luck.
Deborah Love

John and Turner Ashby

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 10:10AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 7:53PM GMT
Bill and Donald, You can tell I'm new at
this. Hope you read the previous info. :)
Hope to hear from you soon!
Deborah

Ashby

Posted: 23 Jul 2000 10:33AM GMT
Deb: I found a Joseph Logan Ashby born in Richmond Kentucky in 1831 but is not shown as having a child named Joseph. Information from Thomas Ashby Book pub. 1982 by Lee Fleming Reese.

re to donald:Joseph Ashby

Posted: 27 Jul 2000 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 7:53PM GMT
Donald, will have to check out his book. The only thing I know is that Joseph Garland Ashby's father was Logan Ashby and that their was a Turner Ashby and an Anvil Ashby. I hope some day I can peice this together. Let's keep each other informed. Thanks. Deborah

HELLO

STEPHEN ASHBY (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 9:42PM GMT
OK, I DON'T REALLY KNOW WERE TO START. MY GREAT GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS SUPPOSEDLY JOHN W. ASHBY, HE LIVED IN FRANKLIN,CO, VIRGINIA AROUND 1909. AS THE STORY GOES HE WAS EVIDENTLY KILLED SHORTLY THERE AFTER AND THE COURT EVIDENTLY RULED THAT MY GRANDFATHER WOULD KEEP THE ASHBY NAME. MY GRANDFATHER SAYS HE BELEIVES HE IS BURIED AROUND GREENSBORO,NC. BUT REALLY DOES NOT KNOW. MY GRANDFATHERS MOTHERS NAME WAS SALLY FERGUSON. SHE AND JOHN W. I DON'T THINK WERE EVER MARRIED. I RAN INTO A MAN NAMED ROBERT ASHBY RECENTLY WHO IS RELOCATING TO RALEIGH FROM ROANOKE VA. HE GAVE ME PILES OF INFO. FROM THE ASHBY'S OUT OF HOPKINS COUNTY, KENTUCKY. I'VE REALLY GOT A CHALLENGE HERE MY GRANDFATHER IS IN HIS 90'S NOW AND IS NOT MENTALLY 100%. HOWEVER WHAT I DO HAVET I GOT SEVERAL YEARS AGO FOR HIM WHICH REALLY WASN'T MUCH, IT SEEMED TO BE A TOUCHY SUBJECT W/HIM I THINK ITS B/C HE KNOWS VERY LITTLE HIMSELF. WELL IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU THINK MAY BE OF SOME HELP TO ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'LL BE GLAD TO OFFER YOU WHAT I HAVE. THANKS AGAIN, STEPHEN ASHBY/ SASHBY@HOTMAIL.COM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions