Search for content in message boards

Farquharson family line (Jamaica)

Farquharson family line (Jamaica)

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 1:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just happened to stumble across this site and was fascinated with the amount of farquharson there are. It may sound ignorant but i have not come across the name anywhere in London, england (where i live) apart from the family members i know off.

Farquharson is my grandmothers surname and she was born in Jamaica to a Paul Farquharson (her father). Paul Farquharson was one of 5 siblings. His siblings names are Gustavus, Bobbie, Dolly, Rufus & Judith Farquharson.

This is as far back in the family tree i could go, would like to know the parents of Paul and his siblings.

Not sure if anyone could even attempt to shed any light or have any suggestions because thats about all i no.

Many thanks

Re: Farquharson family line (Jamaica)

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 1:27PM GMT
I have a history of Farquharson of Culloden jamaica. His name is Imanuel Farquharson Original From scotland migrated to jamaica early 1700s has eight children Frank,Daniel, Benjamin. I forgot the others but my grand mother was Maudlyn Farquharson, I have a number of family in Culloden that are Farquharson so we might be related

Pat

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 6:45AM GMT
Hey we might be related becuasei have family memebers in Culloden with last name Farquharson.

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 2:35AM GMT
Hi my name is Lorraine Trim and my grandmother's name was Adlin Farquharson aka Nell. Her father's name was Walter Farquharson and she had an uncle named Frank farquharson. She has been residing in New York for the past 36 years. She was talking about her family and I did a search for her and found your ancestry line. Please respond as your earliest convenience. Thanks

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2011 7:24AM GMT
Hi, my father is Calvin Blake form St Elizabeth, Jamaica, who currently lives in London England. I was born in London and now live in the U.S. However my father has always told me that my great grand father was from Scotland. Farquhason was the only name he gave me but he a picture that I have personally seen. It's the size of a passport photo and I know he was white. please reply if this makes any sense to you.

Posted: 23 Sep 2011 1:15PM GMT
Hi im Marelle Farquharson. i am starting a new project on my history, ancestors & family. My surname is Farquharson from my fathers side. My granddad from St.Elizabeth is also a Farquharson called Russell Farquharson. I have always been told that the name has started way back in Scotland which im yet to discover.It is fascinating though to come across people with our unusual surname.
id love to learn more about this family line would be nice if i could get your help.

Posted: 7 Jan 2012 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Farquharson
Hey my great grandmothers last name was Farquharson and she was mixed meaning her father was Scottish, she was also a Jamaican as am I. All I can leave you all with is her name and hope that someone might know her: Ambrozine Farquharson she married a man with the last name Harmon if it were not for my families knowledge of my ancestors my ties to my Scottish root could have been lost forever. Anyways let me know

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 6:08AM GMT
Surnames: farquharson sanderson
hi
my mother and grandmother are Farquharson/Sanderson from st elizabeth Jamaica .my granddad was Clinton Farquharson. as he passed before i was born i have no information about his family. if anyone can help??

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 3:38AM GMT
My Father's Last Name was Warren, His Mom's maiden name was
Farquharson Pepper in St. Elizabeth Jamaica. may be we can help each other.
Chris Warren Arizona

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 3:40AM GMT
My Father's Last Name was Warren, His Mom's maiden name was
Farquharson Pepper in St. Elizabeth Jamaica. may be we can help each other.
Chris Warren Arizona
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions