Search for content in message boards

Obituary-Burrell J. Gainey-1948

Obituary-Burrell J. Gainey-1948

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey
This obituary is from the August 10, 1948 issue of the Tampa (FL) Morning Tribune. Seeking information on descendants.

BURRELL J. GAINEY - Burrell J. Gainey, 82, of 3805 Lynwood Ave., died Sunday night in a Tampa hospital. Mr. Gainey was born in Madison, Fla., and had lived in Hillsborough County for the last 60 years. He was a retired ship carpenter. Survivors are five daughters, Mrs. Florence G. Dreka, Washington, D.C., Mrs. Elizabeth Johns, Tampa, Mrs. Blanche Wright, Tampa, Mrs. Ruby L. Baker, St. Petersburg, Mrs. Harry R. Cornelius, Columbus, Ga.; three sons, Burl D. Gainey and Samuel C. Gainey of Tampa, Bethel E. Gainey, New Orleans; 19 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Re: Obituary-Burrell J. Gainey-1948

Posted: 1 Jan 2007 9:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dreka Gainey
This is my great-grandfather for whom my father was named. My father was George Burrell Dreka. His mother was Florence (Gainey) Dreka. Know several relatives in their 80s that knew all these people. Would love to hear from any relatives or help fill in any gaps.

Posted: 8 Jan 2007 5:55PM GMT
Thanks for replying. As you may know Burrell J's parents were Mary E (Hamilton) and Burrell D. Gainey. Mary E. Hamilton was a sister to my great-grandmother Rebecca Katherine Hamilton and their parents were Mary L. (Howlett?) and James A. Hamilton. So, this makes us distant cousins. Am interested in comparing and exchanging information. Feel free to e-mail me.

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 8:32PM GMT
I am your cousin. My Grandmother was Mrs. Harry Cornelius.Her name was Theodosia Gainey.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions