Search for content in message boards

John Rutherford ,Violetta Reynolds,Mary Ann Simpson Lincoln Co Ky

John Rutherford ,Violetta Reynolds,Mary Ann Simpson Lincoln Co Ky

Posted: 3 Oct 2010 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rutherford
John Rutherford 1689 Essex Co Va-Died 1789 Logans Fort Lincoln Co Ky Married Violetta Reynolds Daughter of James Reynolds and Susanna Lightfoot
Children
1William Rutherford Born 1727 Va Died Wythe Co Va Wife Elizabeth
2Sarah Rutherford Married James Kenley
3Joseph Rutherford I believe that he Married Mary Elizabeth Elliott No proof yet
Larkin Rutherford I have him Married to Rachel Morgan and Margaret Peggy Hamiliton His name is listed with other women
5Benjamin Rutherford Found a Military Record in Va
For you who have Catherine or Catey or Katey This is not Johns Daughter It is hisGrandson Dudley Rutherford wife Katherine or Dudleys Sister Catherine
6John Rutherford Jr Married Mary Merryman or Merriman Daughter of John and Elizabeth Pleasant Merryman

John Rutherford Married age 97 to Mary Ann Simpson Age 16 Lincoln Co Ky My question s Are Who were Marys parents I have heard that she was a Widow She was young to be a widow. What happened to her after Johns death .Where did she go .Did she Remarry,Did she have Children.

Other Questions i have on this family
Who were the Parents of James Reynolds and Susanna Lightfoot
William Rutherfords wife Elizabeth was a cousin Who were her Parents
Who were James Kenley Parents
Did Joseph Marry Mary E Elliott if so where, when.
Larkin who did he marry Was he the Larkin who went to Illinois Who was Rachel Morgans Parents Who was Margaret Peggy Hamiliton Parents Was she a widow
Benjamin Who did he marry where did he live any children.

I have lots of question s If you can answer these i will be dancing in the streets of Danville Ky Carol

Re: John Rutherford ,Violetta Reynolds,Mary Ann Simpson Lincoln Co Ky

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 11:29PM GMT
Hi, I have a Violetta Reynolds 1700-1727 in my tree, but I show she was married to a Thomas Rutherford 1735-1770. I don't have any children or her parents. I have Thomas's parents as Joseph Rutherford and Elizabeth Mary Elliot. I haven't verified this info yet. Laura

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 1:04AM GMT
There could be more than one Violetta Reynolds This is the only one i know of.This Joseph Rutherford and Mary Elizabeth Elliott Children were William,Thomas,John T, and Rhoda. Lots of Luck Carol

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 10:01PM GMT
Your have a lot of Rutherfords here but not with the correct information. My line runs from John and Violetta through their son Joseph then through his sone Larkin. If you would like correct information let me know.
Dolores

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 3:57AM GMT
Yes i always want correct information send it to me. My line is Albert C Releford and Susie May Dye, John Henderson Rutherford and Amanda Alice Hodge, Anderw Rutherford and Martha Patsy Jane Walls,Robert Rutherford and Rebecca Denny,Julius Rutherford and Rhoda,William Rutherford and Elizabeth,John Rutherford and Violetta Reynolds and Mary Simpson.

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 5:04PM GMT
Contact me at dtamoria@verizon.net
and I will send you what I have.
It's too long for here.

Best Wishes
Dolores

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 23 Apr 2011 1:33AM GMT
Hello Carol
So nice to speak with you. You are living right in the middle of much of the Rutherford Family History. I am originally from Illinois and the Rutherford line is from my mothers side.

See what you think about the following:

I show the Joseph Rutherford that married Elizabeth Elliott was the son of Robert Rutherford (Jr) & Margaret Vawter the father of Archibald et. al.

The Larkin Rutherford that married Rachel Morgan was the son of John
Rutherford and Violetta Rennolds/Reynolds.

The Larkin Rutherford that married Margaret Peggy Hamilton is my
Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather who first married
Nancy Ogle who died without issue. He returned home to his family
in Lincoln, KY where courted and married Margaret Peggy who was the
mother of four of his children, William Larkin (Jr), John, Mary Polly and
Nancy.

Margaret died from some unknown cause and he remarried Marrianne Davis who bore him another son, James Larkin. Margaret also died
and he married for the last time to Susan Green whom he widowed in
1813. She remarried Thomas Newton Gillham, Jr.

Benjamin Rutherford was listed as a tithable in 1771 in Botetourt County, Virginia, with his father, John Rutherford, Sr. and his brothers John, William and Joseph. (The Virginia Genealogist, vol. 10, 1966, p. 144.) In 1774 Benjamin participated in Lord Dunmore's War, ranging on the frontier from Upper Station from 26 September until 1 October (Virginia Colonial Militia 1651-1776, vol. 2, 1905, p. 80.) In the militia under Capt. Robert Doack he accompanied an expedition to Point Pleasant. (History of Southwest Virginia 1746-1786, 1903, p. 887.) In Montgomery County, Virginia, 13 September 1777 the oath of allegiance was administered to Benjamin, Joseph, and John Rutherford, brothers. (Fincastle and Montogmery Cos. Revolutionary War Records, 1775-1788, p. 139, Courthouse, Christiansburg, VA.)

I was very surprised to learn that Mary Simpson was only 16 year old when
she married 97 year old John Rutherford and that she may have been a widow.
Could not find her family or where . I had her born in 1694 in Essex, VA and
that she died about 1761 In Newberry County, South Carolina. At that age I had
assumed that Simpson was her widowed name and if she had any children they were all grown. (So much for that!)

I have no idea who Susanna Lighfoots parents are. I haven’t found Williams wife
Elizabeth las name or parents either. Same for James Kenley.

I have Margaret Peggy Hamilton nee Ramsey as the sister of Larkin Ramsey and
their parent as William Ramsey and Agnes Black of Beverly Manor, Augusta, VA.

If you ever can find out the name of Joseph Rutherford wife I will join you in dancing in the streets but here in Hemet, CA.

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 2:16PM GMT
Hi i was born about ten miles from where the Logans Fort was Mary Ann Simpson was only 16 when they married.I saw someone had her as a Ramsey. She had no children.The story that was passed down to me was that her family had been killed..I have found no record of another marriage.After his death she may have remarried. Williams wife Elizabeth was supposed to have been a cousin,Julius married Rhoda his Cousin/Julius son Jacob Married his cousin Elizabeth Settled Wayne Co Ky James Kenly was probably botn in Va and came to Ky with the Family. James Reynolds and Susanna Lightfoot believe that they were in Va I was told that Violetta was almost a full blooded Indian/and she passed on to her family all the things she had learned from the indiands.How true i do not know.The first place the Rutherfords lived was on Green River Called The Rutherford Cabins You might want to look into The Papers of Benjamin Logan. Locted at The Filson Club Louisville KyWish i had answers but i do not Hope this helps Carol

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 10:36PM GMT
The only Rutherfords i found in Newberry Co SC were John Rutherford and Mary Atkinson Children. John Died in Va I think He was a son of Robert and Margaret Vawter. Mary took the children and Moved Newberry Co South Carolina where their son Colonel Robert Rutherford was living Do you have this in your history.Agatha Married James Bolaware Robert Married Dorothy Brooks James Married Pricilla Brooks Susanna and Martha I think there was one or two more Trying to do it from Memory In case you do not have this Agatha lived in Edgefield Carol

Posted: 23 Apr 2011 10:36PM GMT
The only Rutherfords i found in Newberry Co SC were John Rutherford and Mary Atkinson Children. John Died in Va I think He was a son of Robert and Margaret Vawter. Mary took the children and Moved Newberry Co South Carolina where their son Colonel Robert Rutherford was living Do you have this in your history.Agatha Married James Bolaware Robert Married Dorothy Brooks James Married Pricilla Brooks Susanna and Martha I think there was one or two more Trying to do it from Memory In case you do not have this Agatha lived in Edgefield Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions