Search for content in message boards

JOHN WARD, MARRIED ELIZABETH

JOHN WARD, MARRIED ELIZABETH

VIRGIE ANGER (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 3:04PM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR A JOHN WARD, FATHERS NAME WAS JACK, MOMS NAME WAS NAHOGA MONIAC.WIFES NAME WAS ELIZABETH. HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED FRANCIS WARD, SHE MARRIED A WILBURN CARRUTH DURING THE CIVIL WAR, SHE WAS BORN IN 1845 IN ALABAMA. SHE HAD A DAUGHTER NAMED MARY CARRUTH ADN WAS MARRIED TO A JAMES B. MCCOLLOUGH.BORN 1848

Ward's of NC?

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 9:21PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 2:36AM GMT
There was a record of marriage of Johnathan Ward to Elizabeth P. Urnell [Ernul] 18 Apr 1860 in the Beaufort County, NC marriage records. The only Jack Ward I've run across was in Pitt County marriage records where he married a Louisa Sheppard 8 Sept 1866.

Hope this helps,
Rhonda
rlwhite2@excite.com
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 9:39AM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2004 8:41AM GMT
Am a direct descendant of John Ward thru Mary Carruth and James B. McCullough. What were you looking for on John?

John Ward

Miriam Parker (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 8:07AM GMT
I have some information on John, I am descended from James B. Ward, his brother, who was married to Elizabeth English Ward. Let me know what you need. I live near the Creek Tribal Office of NW Fl. in Bruce and can get information there also.

WARD DECENDANTS

VIRGIE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 4:01AM GMT
I AM LOOKING FOR DECENDANTS AND LINKS OF MARY CARRUTH AND JAMES B MCCOLLOUGH, I AM A DECENDANT ALSO, MY GREAT GRANDFATHER WAS MIDDLETON DOC MCCOLLOUGH, MARRIED CORA FISH, AND MY GRANDFATHER WAS ELTON ASWELL MCCOLLOUGH, MARRIED ESSIE YOUNG, I AM LOOKING FOR PICTURES, NAMES, BIRTHS, ETC. IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT, I HAVE TRACKED A LOT, BUT I AM HITTING SOME DEAD ENDS, I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME, THANKS

WARD DECENDANTS

VIRGIE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 4:13AM GMT
HELLO MIRIAM, YOU MAY BE ONE OF MY DEAD ENDS. I HAVE NOTHING ON JAMES WARD AT ALL, AND VERY LITTLE ON JOHN. I AM TRYING TO TRACE DOWN, FROM JOHNS DAUGHTER FRANCES THAT MARRIED WILLIAM CARRUTH. WILLIAMS DAUGHTER MARY MARRIED JAMES B. MCCOLLOUGH, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, I AM LOOKING FOR BIRTHS, DEATHS, ANY INFO, PICS IF YOU HAVE ANY. CAN WRITE ME AT SHDWDANCE1@AOL.COM IF YOU WANT. THANKS AGAIN VIRGIE

Ward Descendants

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 9:37AM GMT
Hi Virgie! Nahoga Moniac married John Ward. Of their children, Frances (born 1845) married Wilburn Carruth. She was his second wife (he married 3X). Frances and Wilburn together had Donald (1869), Mary (1873), Clara (1876), Ida (1878), Wilburn, Jr. (1880), Arthur B. (1882), and Epsie (1886)

Mary Carruth born Dec 1873 married James B. McCullough (b 1849). This was his second marriage. Together they had: Laura, Edward, Pinkie, John, Luther, Leander (my grandfather), Homer, Durham, and Milton.

The town of Leander, LA is named after my grandfather. James B. McCullough (his father) was to be the postmaster and they had to call it something, so he named it after his son. Neat, huh?

James B. McCullough's father was Isaac born 1807 who married Annie born 1810. Their children were Leslie, Jassee, James, Zimmamon, and Malrusab.

James, born 16 Oct 1849 died 16 Aug 1937. He was married 1st to Harriet Bryant (b. Dec 10, 1849 d July 12, 1895) Children of this marriage were: Amanda, Margaret, Peneloper (Nep), Mary Ann, James Monroe, and Clara.

How do your Ggrandfather, Middleton Doc McCullough, and your grandfather, Elton Aswell McCullough come in? something I'm not aware of?

Talk to you soon.

Ward descendants

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 5:37PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:10AM GMT
Hi Virgie, I have a Virgie Ward(nee Sigmon) in my family. She was married to a Joshua F Ward who was born in Jellico, TN in 1899. Joshua had a brother Melvin. I have been searching for links to Joshua, and to my Virgie's family for some time. I know there has been Wards from my end in WV, OH, IL, VA, FL. For some reason, the family split went separate ways. Do you have any links to any Wards of these names from this particular time period? I would sure appreciate any information you might be able to share.

WARD/MCCOLLOUGH

VIRGIE (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2000 7:40PM GMT
GUESS CAN JUST SAY COUZ AS SOON AS I GET THE LINK, YOU HAVE HELPED A GREAT DEAL. THOUGH FOR THE LIFE OF ME CANT FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE. I HAVE A PIC OF JAMES AND MARY CARRUTH MCCOLLOUGH, AND OF THE NEWPAPER PRINT OUT ABOUT THE POST OFFICE. I ALSO HAVE PICS OF ALBERT MCCOLLOUGH, GUNSEY AND JESSE MCCOLLOUGH AND OF ISSAC MCCOLLOUGH.AND OF THE TWINS HARRY AND LARRY MCCOLLOUGH. MY GREAT GRANDFATHER MIDDLETON DOC MCCOLLOUGH AND HIS BROTHER AMOS, MARRIED SISTERS, CORA AND NORRIE FISH. HIS OTHER BROTHERS ARE ALBERT, RUFUS, AND I AM STILL NEW AT THIS AT AT THE BEGINNING OF MY SEARCH. DO YOU KNOW ANY OF THESE. ALSO MY GRANDFATHER, ELTON ASWELL MCCOLLOUGH, WAS KNOWN AS MAC. HIS BROTHERS ARE CECIL, J.W, AND OCIE. DOES THIS HELP ANY. AND AGAIN THANKS FOR GIVING ME MORE DATES AND NAMES THAT I DIDNT HAVE BEFORE. I JUST HIT A BLIND WALL WHEN I TRIED TO FIND JAMES B. TALK TO YOU LATER, GOT TO HIT THE SACK HAVE A LONG DAY TOMORROW. VIRGIE

McCullough Pictures

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 8:27PM GMT
Have seen a picture of Harry and Larry as babies. They're sitting on a chair covered with a light colored, tassled throw and look none too happy about having a picture made. They were the sons of Uncle John, my grandfather's brother. I have a picture of Grandpa Jim and Grandma Mary (how we refer to James McCullough and Mary Carruth McCullough). It's an 8X10, they're sitting in front of this leafy bush. She has a pin at the neck of her dress that says Mary, and her hair is twisted on top of her head.

I also have a 8X10 photo takin in 1956 of Uncle Homer, Papaw Lee (Leander), Uncle John, Aunt Pinkie, and Uncle Ed. Uncle Ed was the sweetest thing you'd ever want to meet. He had the most gentle smile and I remember him very well. Actually, I remember them all except for Uncle John.

I've never seen a picture of GGgrandfather Isaac! What does he look like?

Talk to you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions