Search for content in message boards

Huron County Bedards-HELP!!

Huron County Bedards-HELP!!

Tonya (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2001 8:44PM GMT
I desperately need to find my ancestors. Here is what i have-Simon Bedard m-Marie Denomme(my gggrandparents)Simon is the son of Simon Joseph Bedard and MArtina Comtois. Simon Joseph is the son of Abraham Bedard and Marguerite Couvillon. If there is anyone out there, who cn fill in dates, and go bck further than I have-PLEASE HELP ME!!

Re: Huron County Bedards-HELP!!

Posted: 23 Sep 2001 3:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Apr 2002 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Denomme, Bedard
Hi Tonya, I don't know if I can be of any help to you or not but you sound so desperate I just had to write and tell you what little I know, perhaps it won't even pertain to what your looking for. I have a Marie Denomme b. May 26, 1838 St.Paul Quebec died December 8, 1893 at 55yrs married June 29, 1856 but no listing of whom she married. If this rings a bell let me know. I do have a Bedard in the family. My greataunt Marie Masse married a Percy Bedard. I'm planning on writing aunt Marie for info on the Masse family but from what I hear she is not doing well so may have to be in touch with her son Ivan Bedard ( they live in Zurich Ont. ) Let me know if I can be of any help, sorry I didn't have more info for you.
Sincerely, Patricia Bonnett-Schuler

Re: Huron County Bédards-HELP!!

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Bédard Bedard
Abraham Bédard was the son of Simon Bédard and Marie-Louise Paquet. He married Marguerite Couvillon, daughter of Joseph Couvillon and Angélique Vachon in St-Jean-Baptiste, Perth ON 10 Jan 1825.

Abraham's parents were married in Charlesbourg QC 31 Jan 1763.

The first Canadian Bédard, Isaac, married Marie Girard in a Protestant temple of La Rochelle and settled in Charlesbourg New France after having converted to catholicism. It is in Charlesbourg -Quebec City area that you will find your Bédard family.Jacques Bédard, son of the above Isaac, who married in Quebec City 4 Oct 1666 to Isabelle Doucinet, a King's Daughter. They are the parents of Charles, who married Elisabeth Huppé in Beauport 17 Oct 1712. This last couple are the parents of Simon married to Marie-Louise Paquet.

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 8:30PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2003 7:54PM GMT
Surnames: Bédard Bedard Masse
Percy is a great-grandson of Simon Bédard and Martine Comtois.

Simon m. 15 Oct 1854 Martine Comtois
Joseph m. 12 Jun 1881 Séraphine Masse
Léon m.28 Jan 1913 Célina Ducharme
Percy m. 15 Nov 1935 Marie Masse

DIANNE BEDARD FREITAS (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2001 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: BEDARD COMTOIS
HI, JUST WONDERING IF ANY RELATION TO A JOSEPH BEDARD THAT MARRIED A EMILENA COMTOIS. THEY ARE MY G GRANDPARENTS ON MY FATHERS SIDE. MY GRANDFATHER WAS MARIUS BEDARD AND HE MARRIED BERNADETTE COURTAMACHE. ANYTHING WOULD HELP. THANK YOU
DIANNE

Tonya (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2001 11:40PM GMT
I have 12 children for Simon Bedard and Martina Comtois, but no dates. How about you?

Lenore Carr (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: BEDARD
Hi there got some of your information for you.

Here goes
My information comes from a small booklet written
by Sister M. Eugenie Bedard in 1980, entitled "The History Of Joseph Bedards
Family"
Abraham Bedard married Marie
Cornilleau and moved from Quebec to Perth in Lanark county, Ontario. One of his children was Simon-Pierre b 1831 d1915 married Martine Comtois b1839 d1915 both buried at St. Peters Church, Huron county.
His other children were William, Francis, Charles, Abraham, Henry, Alex, Suzanne, and Elisa.
Simon-Pierre, had
13 children, including your gggrandfather Simon who married Marie Denomme. Simon would be my gggg uncle :) . His siblings were my ggg Grandfather Joseph, Pierre, John, William, Simon, Edward, Charles, Marguerite, Annie, Maire, Seraphine, Mathilde, and Delphine.
Most ancestors now live in the St Joseph's, Huron area.

Lenore Carr

Lenore Carr (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: BEDARD
Hi there got some of your information for you.

Here goes
My information comes from a small booklet written
by Sister M. Eugenie Bedard in 1980, entitled "The History Of Joseph Bedards
Family"
Abraham Bedard married Marie
Cornilleau and moved from Quebec to Perth in Lanark county, Ontario. One of his children was Simon-Pierre b 1831 d1915 married Martine Comtois b1839 d1915 both buried at St. Peters Church, Huron county.
His other children were William, Francis, Charles, Abraham, Henry, Alex, Suzanne, and Elisa.
Simon-Pierre, had
13 children, including your gggrandfather Simon who married Marie Denomme. Simon would be my gggg uncle :) . His siblings were my ggg Grandfather Joseph, Pierre, John, William, Simon, Edward, Charles, Marguerite, Annie, Maire, Seraphine, Mathilde, and Delphine.
Most ancestors now live in the St Joseph's, Huron area.

Lenore Carr

Lenore Carr (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Bedard
I have 13 children with no dates, however I do have the names of all their spouses.

Re: Huron County Bedards-HELP!! Marie Cornilleau?

Lenore Carr (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2002 3:42AM GMT
I think that the Marie Cornilleau listed in my book is in fact Margeurite Couvillon, but I am not sure yet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions