Search for content in message boards

HICKMAN, Edward (b.1816) Colleton, SC

HICKMAN, Edward (b.1816) Colleton, SC

Lizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 8:30AM GMT
Hi,
I am searching for any information regarding Edward Hickman from the Walterboro, Colleton Co., South Carolina area. He was born in 1816 (birth place unknown) and had at least one son William Rhett Hickman. Does anyone have a link to Edward and his ancestors? Thank you, Lizabeth

Robert Edward Hickman

Dimples (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 7:49AM GMT
Hi,
I'm looking for ancestors or brothers and sisters of Robert Edward Hickman who married Victoria Hiers(born 1856). He had 2 brothers Philemon and J.L. Hickman and possibly sisters. Could your Edward be the father of these three? Buried at Carter's Ford Baptist Church, Lodge, S.C. Philemon went to Charleston, J.L. to Live Oak, FL. Any information would be appreciated. 4-8-00

Hickman, Fileman

Lizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2000 7:01AM GMT
Dimples-
My Greatgrandfather was Fileman Sanders Hickman born b.1879 d.1936. His parents were William Rhett Hickman b.1846 and Mary Blocker b.1847. They were from the Colleton Co., SC area. William Rhett's parents were Edward Hickman (b.1816) and Agnes/Ann Hiers.They had 9 children. I don't know who all of William Rhett's siblings were but perhaps there was a Philemon too. The birthdate of Victoria ~1850s would make your Robert Edward a possible candidate for William Rhett's brother and Fileman's uncle???? Fileman had a son named Robert. Please email me at Brubeckj@worldspy.net Thanks,Lizabeth

Fileman Hickman

Posted: 14 Aug 2000 6:16AM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2005 8:00PM GMT
Lizabeth, I am a descendant of Fileman Sanders Hickman. I don't have much information at all, butI do know where William Rhett Hickman and Mary Blocker are buried. Do you have any dates and names on their parents and where they are buried?

Fileman Sanders Hickman Sr.

Lizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 8:59AM GMT
Hi Twila,

I have William Rhett Hickman's parents as Edward Hickman b. 1816 d.? buried? (some have said Bedon Baptist Church but don't know for sure). William's mother was Ann or Agnes Hiers b. 1824 d.? Edward Hickman's parents were Bailey Hickman and Sarah (Hiers?) born about 1790 but not sure of that.

I have some info on William Rhett's siblings. How do you descend from Fileman Sr.. Is he buried at Magnolia Cemetery in Charleston? Please email me at brubeckj@yahoo.com. I do not know where William and Mary where buried and would like to know. Thanks you, Lizabeth (My grandfather was Fileman Jr.)

Re: Fileman Hickman

Posted: 14 Aug 2009 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hickman
Hi,
I am trying to find out where Filemon Sanders Hickman 1870-1936 and wife Bertha are buried.
They are somewhere in SC>

Also Filemons dad, William Rhett Hickman 1844-1909 and wife Mary ann.

I hope someone can help.

Re: Fileman Sanders Hickman Sr.

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 7:32PM GMT
I am also seeking any information about William Rhett Hickman. He was my great-great grandfather. My great grandfather was John Edward Hickman. His wife, Rebecca, came to live with us in Mt. Pleasant, SC after my grandfather, William Burch Hickman became widowed. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Linda

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 7:38PM GMT
Hi, I am seeking information on William Rhett Hickman, my great-great grandfather. I am the great granddaughter of John Edward Hickman, Fileman Sanders Hickman's brother. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Linda

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: hickman,hiers
i hope you are still looking for your hickman family ,even tho i am not off that branch i am off the brother of your ancestor,,and i have a group of us that are working on this family ,,infact i have a russell hickman out of tenn. that is off your branch and he has given me his family all the way back to his and my branch meeting,,and i have your john edward and filmon sander hickman,,,i live in bonneau,s,c, melvastore@homesc.com ,,russell hickman also sent me a lot of pictures ,,i would love it if you would join us in the search for edward 1816 and godfrey 1814 their father was bailey hickman 1790,,and mother was sarah ann hiers,,we think she was the daughter of e,godfrey hyer that came to america with his parents at the age of 4 in 1752 ,,hope to hear from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic