Search for content in message boards

George Cain

George Cain

Shelley Cain Way (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2004 6:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAIN HOLMAN TILLOTSON HUMPHRIES KING
Would like to trade information on George CAIN b.1780-1790 in NC married Elizabeth (possibly HUMPHRIES)b. c1805 in SC or NC.
Their children were:
Celia CAIN b.1820 in IL or MO m. John KING.
Sameul CAIN b.1822 in IL or MO.
John CAIN b.1825 m. Lucy HOLMAN
Milton CAIN b.1826 in MO.
William b. 1830 in MO.
George b. 1833 in MO. m. Armilda GROSS TILLOTSON.
Thank You
Shelley
bobbyway@sbcglobal.net

Re: George Cain

David E. Cain (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2004 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Gross, Kingl
Your post caught my eye. My GGF, William Gentry Cain, b.1866 is said to have been a child or grandchild of Celia Cain ?? ; I do not know as he is my "brick wall". He died in 1899, in DeSoto, Mo. Do you have any info regarding him, his parents or his relationshoip to Celia Cain?

Re: George Cain

Shelley Cain Way (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2004 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: Cain
Hello David,
My Celia Cain was born in 1820 so she probably wouldn't be the mother of your William Cain. She could possibly be the grandmother but I only show that she had three daughters..no sons...so she probably isn't William Cain's grandmother either. I have found that the name of Celia was quiet common in the Cain line. Therefore, it is probably a different Celia Cain.
Thank you for contacting me.
Good luck in your search.
Shelley Cain Way
bobbyway@sbcglobal.net

Re: George Cain-Celia??

Jaunita Cain (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 5:55PM GMT
There seem to be some things maybe out of line, in our Cain Families. John Cain, son of Thomas? and Celia Steelman Cain. (1). Married Ruth Blythe, (2)? Annie Blythe, sister of Ruth,(marriage record Madison Co. Ky. (3). Oney Gentry ,Martin, Blythe, July, 1817, Madison Co. Ky. (4). Emily Hill, Aug. 1825, Chariton Co. Mo.--If this is the same John Cain, with another marriage, we may not have all the children from his first three marriages. (Thomas, Celia, and Winifred, born from 1804-1808--were they Annie's?--Do we have all that were Oney's?) There were other Cain's in Madison Co. that were hard to place, because of unknown Parents. No way to know how many may have followed to Mo.

Posted: 18 Feb 2004 8:04PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2005 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN/WILLIAMS
Trying to determine parents of James Alexander Cain.
1880 Tulare County, CA census information states

56 years of age (born 1824)
born KY
father born SC
mother born SC

married Mary Jane Williams
in Morgan County, MO
on 28 June 1846

Any information will be appreciated.

Posted: 22 Jan 2007 8:11PM GMT
My records show: Thomas and Celia (called Sealah in her father's (Matthias Steelman) will) had a son named George. This is the George Shelley is referring to. George (b. 1785 in NC) married Elizabeth Humphrys of NC on Christmas Day 1819. They moved to Kentucky and then on to Illinois and Missouri with several members of their family, including John and Thomas, George's brothers, and possibly Celia (George's mother). George and Elizabeth's first Child was Celia Cain, who married John King and stayed in Missouri.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic