http://cgi.rootsweb.com/~genbbs/genbbs.cgi/Slovenia/General

See also:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~autwgw/agskran.htm

Stari Trg Ob Kolpi

Josie Shaw (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stefanc, Shutte, Sutej, Slavko, Kuretic, Sterk, Movrin, Zalac, Zajec
I am looking for anyone who knows of any relatives currently living who would know the following surnames. They are listed in Kot and Vrh Austria. In particular a Maria Stefanc who married and moved to Brooklyn New York looking for married name.
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Mar 2003 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Kuretic, Stefanac
Slavko Kuretic was my grandfather, Marija (born Kuretic)Stefanac (1850 - Razdrto-Croatia)was his grandmother and Ana Kuretic (1889 - Mocile-Slovenia) was his mother!!!

Surname

Christine Lakes (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Zalac
MY father is Charles A. Zalac,my grandfather Charles H. Zalac(passed away)my great grandfather Charles W. Zalac(deceased)all were in United States. Great grandfather came from Austria, was wondering if the Zalac name is jewish name?

Re: Zalac Surname

Robert Zalac (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: zalac
I don't believe Zalac is Jewish. My great, great grandparents were from Zagreb, Croatia.

Re: Zalac Surname

Carol Zalac (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Zalac, Zalat
My husband is from Vladimirovat, Yugoslavia, but his grandfather is from Zagreb. I am told this name is Croatian and it's not a very popular name. Has anyone traced this name back with any success?

Re: Kuretic / Stefanac

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 12:52AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 7:04PM GMT
I think that we may be related. My great grandfather, birth name Dragutin Stefanac, immigrated in 1902 from Mocile to Calumet, MI to an uncle Kuretic per the Ellis Island information. He was 16 years old. He was born in Severin, Croatia. He later went to Butte, Montana to work the mines and married Agatha Metully, born in Karlovac, Croatia. Dragutin's name changed to Charles Frank Stefanich and later settled in Roundup, Montana. His father's name was George and mother's name was Barbara .... Do you have any information about the Stefanacs from Croatia? Please write back if you do.

Hope to hear from you,
Kathy Meznarich Jacobs

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 6:48AM GMT
Surnames: Stefanich
My husbands great grandfathers name was Charles Frank Stefanich of Montana, orginally he and his brother came from Croatia and thier orginal name was not spelled "stefanich". His grandfathers name was Charles Victor Stefanich born July 26, 1914. My brother in law has more info. I'll try to get it from him.

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 8:06AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 7:04PM GMT
Anna,

Thank you for your response. Charles Frank Stefanich was also my great grandfather. Your husband's grandfather is referred as "Brother Charlie" and all of his siblings adored him. I most likely met your husband in the 1960's at our great grandmother's house in Roundup, Montana. I used to spend all of my summers in Roundup and met all of the Stefanich family. I have some information about the family but cannot get any further than Charles Frank. I did not know that he came to the US with a brother so I am excited to find that out. On the Ellis Island web site it shows that he came to go to his uncle's home in Calumet, MI. His name was Dragutin Stefanac on the ship's manifest. I would really like to get more information. I can also share my infor with you and your brother-in-law. I don't know the names of Jerome's children and would also like that info.

Thank You and tell the family 'Hi".

Kathy Meznarich Jacobs

Anna Stefanich (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Stefanich
Kathy so nice to hear back from you. Seth said he probably met you when you were kids. Jerome's children are in order as follows. Victor, Seth, Sherrie, Valerie, Jeremy, David, Twila. Jeremy is the one with all the extra info. So I will pass it on when I get it.
Anna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions