Search for content in message boards

Fr"oschl von Marzoll

Fr"oschl von Marzoll

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 11:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Sep 2002 9:13AM GMT
Surnames: Froeschl von Marzoll, Fr"oschl von Marzoll
I am looking for any information on the family Froeschl (Fr"oschl) von Marzoll - originally from/around Bad Reichenhall.

I have Anna Froeschl von Marzoll married to Balthasar Petschner, mayor of Munich/Bavaria, died 1505 in my roots.

Re: Fr"oschl von Marzoll

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2002 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Marzoll
I am looking for information on my ancestors. No one knows anyone beyond my grandfather who was a Marzoll. He appeared out of nowhere, married my grandmother and had several offsprings. This would have been in early 1900's.

Posted: 16 Dec 2004 11:29PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2005 4:57PM GMT
Marzoll is not a surname but a village close to Salzburg but today in Germany.
Karl

Posted: 11 Jan 2005 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Marzoll
Very interesting - my ancestors have the last name of Marzoll and came over on a ship from Germany in the mid 1800's. We are looking for more information on them

Michael H. Weber (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2005 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Froeschl, Fr"ochl, Marzoll, Fr"oschl von Marzoll, Froeschl von Marzoll
Marzoll is a small village with Castle (same name) next to Bad Reichenhall in Germany (Bavaria) close to the Austrian boarder thus just a few kilometers from Salzburg city.

The Fr"oschl von Marzoll were a noble family, owner of the castle an very rich people in the middle age.

Origin from this family is quite unreasonable, but descendance from a family from this area/village is quite possible.

Maybe they have any information at th local archive:

Stadtarchiv Bad Reichenhall
Stadtverwaltung
Rathausplatz 1 und 8
83435 Bad Reichenhall
GEMANY - EUROPE

Kilian Spiethoff (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2005 12:14PM GMT
Anna Fröschl isn't a descendant of the Fröschl von Marzoll, but of the Fröschl zu Wasserburg, the second Fröschl line in Bavaria. It is quite probable, that there is a relationship between both families, but it's not sure. Most of the Fröschl zu Wasserburg were bourgeois and some of them members of the city council. They were quite rich and known as great benefactors. The Fröschl-Chapel in the parish church of Wasserburg am Inn is their family grave.

Kilian Spiethoff (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2005 6:51AM GMT
According to the chronicle written by Dominikus Winkler, the first pastor of Marzoll, the name of Annas husband is Baltasar Pöschner von Riedenheim; her father was Peter Fröschl (died 1475), whose father was Simon Fröschl; their wives are unknown; Peter had a brother called Hanns, who married Elisabeth Martien; Anna had a sister called Barbara, who married a Leon. Pogenhofer 1488 and got widow 1506, and she had a brother called Albrecht, whose wife is unknown.
The parents of Simon Fröschl are unknown.

Michael H. Weber (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2005 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fro"schl, Froeschl, Petschner, Po"tschner, Poetschner, Fieger, Fieger von Frieberg
Thank you for this great information. Now I am quite sure, Anna was not from Bad Reichenall but Wasserburg branch of the family.

Anna had at least a daughter Martha married to a Fieger von Friedberg from Tyrol/Austria!

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 11:36AM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2011 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: MARZOL, MARZOHL, MARZOLL
That would be Joseph Martin MARZOL (MARZOHL) 1817-1877 who married Verena FURRER from Kriens in 1838. They left because of bankrupcy. They sailed from Germany and arrived in Australia in 1855 on the "Daniel Ross", leaving 8 children behind in Switzerland.
I am descended from his brother Johann Baptist MARZOL 1823-1897 who later also came to Australia.

jagged.nexus@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions