Search for content in message boards

Cortes

Cortes

Emory Webre (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cortes
Are you interested in info about John F. Cortes, mentioned in a letter from Nachitoches in 1830?

Re: Cortes

Posted: 27 Mar 2012 1:18AM GMT
I may be interested. I'm looking for information about a Millie Cortes, who was born in the 1830s. I wonder if they may be related.

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 7:57PM GMT
I am interested as well. Millie Cortes was my grandfather's great grandmother.

Posted: 24 Sep 2012 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Carter
I realized that Millie Cortes was a typo on the census. Millie's last name was actually "Carter." She appears to be the daughter of Claiborne Carter by one of his slaves, named Ellen. She was born and lived in Clarke County, Alabama. If this is the same person, do you know which of her children you are descended from?

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 4:14PM GMT
This is very exciting news!!! I did see both Cortes and Carter listed in the censuses. I am a direct descendant of her and Frank James' daughter Clem (or Clementine). Then Clem's daughter Mary; then Mary's son Charlie.

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 5:39PM GMT
Hi! I noticed that in the 1970 census there were several Mulattos listed with the last name Carter. Do you know if any of them were Millie's siblings? And how were able to find out that Claiborne was the father? Thank you so much for all the information you have provided :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions