Search for content in message boards

Location of "Cantley Family Cemetery"

Location of "Cantley Family Cemetery"

Posted: 22 Dec 2004 3:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for location of "Cantley Family Cemetery" in Georgetown (or adjacent) Co., SC? Directions?

I have info that Francis Green (Frank) Cantley and wife Sarah Ellen Boyd Cantley are buried there.

Re: Location of "Cantley Family Cemetery"

Posted: 14 May 2007 12:49PM GMT
Surnames: cantley, Smith, Ammons
this is a cemetery located in Williamsburg county in the Bloomingvale section. it is pending a lawsuit as the county paved over the cemetery to make a boat landing.

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 2:11PM GMT
Debbie,
It has been almost 3 years since your response. Do you have any updates on the lawsuit? Thanks for any and all info.

Posted: 14 Apr 2014 2:18AM GMT
I have good news for you in case you don't already know since you posted this 4 years ago. The cemetery you are looking for is not paved over. I believe there is a cemetery connected to the Cantley family that has been paved over and made into a boat landing but this is not the cemetery you are looking for. I don't know how you are related to the 2 individuals that you mentioned in your first post but they are buried in a cemetery called the Old Cantley Burial Ground. There are people from 2 families buried there. One is obviously the Cantley family and the other is the Mitchum family. My great great grandfather and great great grandmother are buried there as is one of their sons and his family. If I remember correctly it is located in the woods between Doc Kellahan Road and Richland Avenue off the Thurgood Marshall Hwy in Williamsburg County. These are roughly its GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 33.58440, Longitude: -79.68709. Hope this helps and you are able to go see it.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic