Search for content in message boards

William Denmark - North Caroliina

William Denmark - North Caroliina

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Denmark
This is the beginning of the line as we know it. William, William bachelor Denmark, Mourning, etc. Just out of curiosity I went to Public Member Trees for the Denmarks. Over 78,000 came up. I found it amusing that William was born from 1703 to 1708. His son William b. was born from 1705 to 1743. Isn't it amazing that his son is the same age as the father, last names and marriage dates appear that have no basis. Even more so are the facts(?) that show dates going back to 1607! Where are you people dreaming up this stuff?
Support your "facts" with sources. Just because people have the same last name does not make them "kin". I really laugh when I see family lines that go back to Da Vinci, Jesus and Moses. Come on people, get real. If you are doing research base it on fact, not supposition! Don't just copy information from someone else and not know the truth.
Now I have to go, just saw a tree that connects me to Adam and Eve.

Re: William Denmark - North Caroliina

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 5:38PM GMT
I find your facts are in ERROR: This my Bloodline for William Denmark b:1708 Hyde, N.C. d:1766 Hyde, N.C. married to Mourning Mittom Moye b:1718 Hyde, N.C. d:1766 Hyde, N.C. "William Denmark's" Father was John Denmark b:1679 England married to Susannah Batchelor b:1679 N.C. - "Wiliam Denmark's" Grandfather was Francis Denmark b:1623 Jamestown, Virginia.d:? in Old Bath Co, N.C. "William Denmark's" Great Grandfather was John Denmarke b:1600 England d:1666 Old Bath Co, N.C. - "William Denmark's" son was William Batchelor Denmark b:1740 Woodstock Town, Hyde, N.C. d:1821 Warren, Georgia. and he was married at different time's to both sister's "Anna Moye b:1742 d:1806 and Mary Moye b:1745 d:1793 - "SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE OF LAUGHTER"...

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 11:29AM GMT
You did not burst my bubble. If you have supporting information to prove anything beyond William and Mourning of Hyde County, N.C. I would love to see it. I know that "we, direct family" feel certain that he came from Virginia, but have never seen anything that supports this as fact. There is also information that there were Denmarks in the northern areas of the country at that time, but there is no proof of any connection. If as you say this is your bloodline then we are definitely related and I would like to see the proof. I know several Denmark researchers who would also like to see your supporting information. Thanks

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 2:46PM GMT
Well i don't believe anyone is ever going to fine any proof as to what i'm reporting, because of such bad data collecting and keeping of records from back then, plus the fact that "like the people of todays world" People from back then also didn't like having to give their family history to the sensus takers for fear of mis-useage, or that somehow the Goverment was tracking them for some reason, so no i don't have any actual supporting data for anything past William Denmark b:1708 N.C. - But if you find anything that will dispute my findings you let me know and i'll be more than glad to change my family tree!... I am also bloodline connected to the Kirby's i do believe in someway!...

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 4:44PM GMT
Southern family trees from back then are often unreliable. There were often counts of undocumented.. illegitimacy. Hell, people were often REMOVED from their family trees during the Civil War for deserting!

My family tree starts with William Denmark of North Carolina in 1708 as well, though.

Posted: 21 Jan 2014 7:04PM GMT
I wonder if you might share some info with me. I am confused about James Denmark who married Nancy Rogers. I think his son was john stanley Denmark who married a Rimes and I think his father was William Batchelor Denmark. Is this correct?
SL

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 5:42PM GMT
Yes
But I have him as James T. 'short for Thomas' Denmark and I have 'Nancy Rodgers' instead of 'Nancy Rogers' and for the wife of John Stanley Denmark I have 'Welthy Ann Rimes Birth 18 Apr 1822 in Bulloch County, Georgia Death 20 Jan 1890 in Bulloch County, Georgia'

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 6:24PM GMT
thank you.
SL

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 2:20AM GMT
I have James Denmark, son of William B. Denmark, married to Nancy Rogers. He had 7 children, one of whom was John S. Denmark. I do not know what the S. stood for. James was born 1782 in North Carolina and died 1829 in Georgia. John was born, 1817 in Georgia and died in 1888 in Ga.

I do not know for sure, but James may have been James William Denmark, as he is referred to sometimes as a Jr. I do not have any proof of this being his actual name. Do you know anything about that?

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 2:27AM GMT
Does anyone have information about Stephen Denmark of Washington state or Shirley Ann Denmark of Texas? If so please let me know. Kirby Ward jkward@earthlink.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions