Search for content in message boards

James Edgar

James Edgar

Dave Clark (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Edgar
Information req on surname Edgar orig Scotland (dornock Kirk-Patrick-Flemming Dumfries]
I have trace back to 1640 need link around 1790 to James

Re: Family name Edgar

Bob Edgar (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 1:37AM GMT
If you're seeking specific information on the origin of the Edgar surname in Dumfriesshire, Scotland I might be able to help. Please let me know. You can reach me directly at edgarfsa@proaxis.com.

Re: James Edgar

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2001 9:55PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:27PM GMT
Hi, I am interested in Edgars from port william . I just know my fasther comes from that area ..james Edgar and his father was james Edgar.

Re: James Edgar - b. 1796

Posted: 3 Nov 2001 1:48AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:28PM GMT
I am also tracing back my family tree.

There is a James Edgar born May 27, 1796, died March 22nd, 1873. He is a son of Thomas Edgar and Elizabeth Ogg.
Tom and Elizabeth were married in Scotland in 1792.

James married Jean Douglas Wallace on August 10th, 1821 and came to Canada in 1836.

I can trace him to present.

James also had the following brothers and sisters:

John, Alexander, Robert, William, George, Mary, Margaret and Hannah. I don't know if they ever left Scotland though.

If we are in the same family, I would love to hear from you. I am interested in knowing who Thomas Edgar's father was. I am pretty sure his name was William.

Kelly

Re: James Edgar - b. 1796

dave clark (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:29PM GMT
Surnames: edgar
kelly ref tom and elizabeth where were they married in scotland and where did they live in scotland

Re: Tom & Elizabeth Edgar

Posted: 7 Nov 2001 9:30PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:30PM GMT
My tom and Elizabeth were married in either Dunlop or Straiton. I think it was Dunlop though and all their children were born in Straiton

Kelly

shelley edgar (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2004 10:23PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:28PM GMT
Hi my name is shelley and i read your message about your father james. Im searching the edgar family history and my grandfather was james edgar and so was his father james edgar my grandfather was born in oldham manchester and buried in colchester essex he had brothers called norman billy and john thats all i have found out so far it's a long shot but worth a go .

Posted: 21 May 2007 11:23AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Edgar
Hi Kelly, hope this reaches you as you wrote it in 2001. I just found it now. My relatives are the same as yours...James & Jean Douglas (Wallace) Edgar. I have a lot of info. Thomas Edgar's father was John & his mother Mary Gemmel. James was my GG Grandfather. I'm constantly working on family history & hope to hear from you & we can share. Please reply to wendyandmark1.

Louise

John Edgar - b. abt. 1801 >> Canada

Posted: 18 May 2010 1:01AM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 1:33PM GMT
You put this in so long ago, but I have a John Edgar who immigrated to Canada prior to his first wedding in 1828 born about 1801 according to records I found in Canada. I was wondering if you have dates for John, Alexander, etc.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic